Responses to BBC Documentary

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Morgana, Nov 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear Humph and ARRSE members,

There has been some response to our posting for the BBC documentary that Touch Productions are producing, and there were some issues raised. I hope that this message answers some of them.

I would like to assure you that we are in official discussions with the MoD, and the last press officer Colonel David Norris supported the film; we are currently going through official channels with the Ministry of Defence.

This film is in the early research stages and as such we are looking for letters, blogs, videos and photographs to represent and tell the stories of the British soldiers serving in Iraq. We are not looking to follow this story in a traditional observational documentary style.

What we are trying to do is to tell the story of the war in Iraq dating back from the invasions in 2003 until now, through these letters, video diaries etc. It is research at this stage, and I can absolutely assure you that any information or material received will be held in the strictest confidence.
    If we do decide that we would like to include this material in the programme, we would then contact everyone individually for their permission before going any further.

With regards to reservists and volunteers, we are extremely keen to hear everyone's point of view, and some members of the production team have relatives that have been reservists serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Your worries and doubts are all totally understandable, but please allow me to assure you that this film is going to tell the stories of the soldiers in a totally straightforward manner, in which the personal letters, blogs, photographs, notes, diary entries, video diaries, video footage (anything shot might be useful - including footage captured during meals etc!) will be the entire body of the film.

If you have any questions, please either telephone 01225 484666 or email morgana @ touchproductions.co.uk
    We have a great deal of experience in films of this nature, having made numerous films with soldiers current and past over the years, including veterans and soldiers from World War II, The Falklands and Bosnia.

I hope this helps to clarify our intentions, and if you have any further questions, or would like to get in touch and share your stories, please do not hesitate to contact me as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Morgana