Response to Gordens plea to the nation.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ALVIN, Feb 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In response to Gorden Brown's plea to the nation to "take another look" at the"LABOUR" party before one votes in the upcoming General Election.
    After careful consideration i have come to the conclusion that Labour are NOT fit to govern our great nation for another five days more than necessary, let alone another five more years!
    In all fairness Labour have had 12 years to get it right!
    Words of advice to any Government.......
    1, You do NOT lie to the nation to go to war.

2, You do NOT keep our nations fine military under resourced in time of war.

3, You do NOT keep Disabled veterans as poor as "church mice" and offer sub standard aftercare N.H.S treatment to the wounded.

4, You do NOT help yourselves to moneys from the public purse to fund your own personal life styles.

Those above are my own personal thoughts, no doubt other people will have their own.

2. Alvin - I agree 100%.

3. I also fully agree with you alvin but whoever gets into power at the next election will cause chaos with the people of this country, they'll blame everything on the Gob'ment before them and we'll have another 10-12 years of shit, with no promises fulfilled whatsoever.

4. OK, I had another look. A few things that perhaps some people may have forgotten about the last 13 years living in the UK:

Pinched from Old Holborn

I've got a new slogan for New Labour. "Vote for us, vote for more of the same".

5. Hope you are reading all this Mr. Prime Minister !! :)

6. You no what, i've never had the pleasure before, being a citizen of the UK living in Northern Ireland, of selecting my potential Government (unelected Gordon Browns no different to any previous PM, in my eyes unelected in NI) and would normally not vote, but I do believe I can now vote for the Torys. I'm going to vote, thank fcuk Labours not on my ballot paper.

7. If he does, do you think he and his cronies really give a toss.

Politions of ALL parties will lie and steal to get/stay in power.
    What we have to do is try and work out which ones are lying the least.

IMO the tories are being more honest than ZANU NL, but not by much.
    But Liebour constantly banging on about saving money by trimming the dead wood, sorry but that's my taxes you're wasting, and I work bloody hard to pay 'em.

I want a party that WILL at least be honest and stop squandering my money.

8. Having read Bonzo-Dogs list of the litany of carnage Labour have done to us over 13 years you have to wonder at what the Torys have missed, there is enough ammunition to shoot Labour stone dead.

The quote from that Hasbeen Hessa that "David Cameron will not win a general election outright and will struggle to form a government" has to be one of the unhelpfull contributions from the old Guard. I rather hoped they would shut up and die peacefully in their bath chairs, aparantly not!

9. Well I did'nt need to watch any 'heart to heart interviews' or plea's from GB & sarcastic remarks/statements from slimeball PM about Lord Ashcrofts donations to make my mind up who i'd rather have in office next,

I echo 'most' of chicken_ george's comments, new labour or old labour, but time will tell the final outcome soon when the country has their chance yet again, either way you look at it 'extremely difficult decisions' are forthcoming for all concerned.

10. Oh, come, come Dear Peeps!! Like the the Peter sellars film, 'Dr Strangleove', we must learn to "Love and Live with our Great Dear Leader', Mr Gordo McRuin. After all, he now claims that he didn not say... "I have ended Bust...!!!"

But then he didn't say "I have created Boom!"

Brothers and sisters, pray have some mercy for Mr Brown a man who has only tried to do the best for his country and the toiling New Labour voting masses who have to sweat it out all day at the DHSS to get their giros and allowances in time to get home to watch strictly come ice rollerskating on the nicked 43" telly.

Let us put aside our petty and hateful comments and all pray for a man who is clearly in such mental and physical pain. Amen.
    8O :? :?
    "Strangelove?"... Yep, there's quite a few 'Strange Loves' in the Liabore Party... some very strange indeedy....!!!

Well.... I certainly ain't going to take another 'Look' at Neues Arbeits.... They are f**ked as far as I'm concerned

11. You forget that for him to read it, you'll need to post it in a much larger font..

12. I agree with what you said, but you are deluded if you think the Tories are forces friendly.

Quick quiz.

Who asked Gordon

"Thousands of servicemen and women are about to put their lives on the line in the biggest offensive yet in Afghanistan. They have been stretched to the limit by a Government who have got their priorities wrong-employing 800 people to do media and communications for the Ministry of Defence but not giving our brave young soldiers a decent living wage. Is it not time for the Government to get their priorities right? They should cut the bureaucrats and pay our soldiers what they deserve."

13. Whet, the Tories have yet to send our troops to a war underfunded, underequipped, and without bare faced lying about the reasons to do so. The Tories have yet to remove £1.5 billion of the Helicopter budget that was and still is so badly needed by our forces while fighting a war.

Gordon's claim that he was unhappy about the WMD excuse doesn't wash as he actually remained part of the cabinet that ultimately led us to go to war in Iraq.

14. Reply to topic
    Re: Response to Gorden's plea to the nation.
    Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:30 pm

OK, I had another look. A few things that perhaps some people may have forgotten about the last 13 years living in the UK:

Quote:
    - Ballot Boxes are interfered with
    - Voting registers go missing
    - The Police can kill innocent people and get away with it
    - The state can kill people and get away with it
    - You can be put in prison for 42 days on pure suspicion
    - You can be put in prison indefinitely on the word of a politician
    - The State can torture people
    - Your children are monitored at School by Political Officers
    - Their behaviour is logged on a State database for their entire lives
    - Your innocent fingerprints, iris scans and biometrics are held by the State
    - You do not have the right to remain silent
    - You are watched on 4 million CCTV cameras
    - You may not photograph the Police
    - The media is controlled by the State
    - You do not have the right to protest peacefully
    - Curfews exist for entire communities
    - Your travel movements are logged and monitored
    - Who you vote for is logged and monitored
    - Your shopping habits are studied and logged by the State
    - Your emails and telephone conversations are recorded by the State
    - Your passport can be withdrawn at the whim of the State
    - overnment agencies can use lie detector tests on you.
    - £22,500 of debt for every child born in Britain
    - 111 tax rises from a government that promised no tax rises at all
    - The longest national tax code in the world
    - 100,000 million pounds drained from British pension funds
    - Gun crime up 57%
    - Violent crime up 70%
    - The highest proportion of children living in workless households anywhere in Europe
    - The number of pensioners living in poverty up by 100,000
    - The lowest level of social mobility in the developed world
    - The only G7 country with no growth this year
    - One in six young people neither earning nor learning
    - 5 million people on out-of-work benefits
    - Missing the target of halving child poverty...
    - Child poverty rising in each of the last three years instead
    - Cancer survival rates among the worst in Europe
    - Hospital-acquired infections killing nearly three times as many people as are killed on the roads
    - Falling from 4th to 13th in the world competitiveness league
    - Falling from 8th to 24th in the world education rankings in maths
    - Falling from 7th to 17th in the rankings in literacy
    - The police spending more time on paperwork than on the beat
    - Fatal stabbings at an all-time high
    - Prisoners released without serving their sentences
    - Foreign prisoners released and never deported
    - 7 million people without an NHS dentist
    - Small business taxes going up
    - Business taxes raised from among the lowest to among the highest in Europe
    - Tax rises for working people set for after the election
    - The 10p tax rate abolished
    - The ludicrous promise to have ended boom and bust
    - Our gold reserves sold for a quarter of their worth
    - Our armed forces overstretched and under-supplied
    - Profitable post offices closed against their will
    - One of the highest rates of family breakdown in Europe
    - The ‘Golden Rule’ on borrowing abandoned because it didn’t fit
    - Police inspectors in 10 Downing Street
    - Dossiers that were dodgy
    - Mandelson resigning the first time
    - Mandelson resigning the second time
    - Mandelson coming back for a third time
    - Bad news buried
    - Personal details lost
    - An election bottled
    - A referendum denied.

New Labour. Stamping on the faces of the many, not just the few. Forever.

PS “A future fair for all” is an anagram of “Our fearful fat liar”

Pinched from Old Holborn

I've got a new slogan for New Labour. "Vote for us, vote for more of the same".

Anything to help Gordon................ realise hes a waste of skin

15. Is this dishonest man now saying he was on Dr. Kelly's side?

When did Mr. Mandelson tell him to claim that that was the case?

The deceitful man did everything in his power to thwart the idiot Bliar's military misadventures. He did this not because of his financial 'prudence', or because of a 'question of conscience. He did this stupidity without any thought to the consequences 'on the ground'; he did it out of spite and disaffection.

He is a deeply flawed, disorientated and severely troubled man.