Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by milkybar, Aug 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I currently work one 13miles one way from work. Am i entitled to claim 26miles obv return journey. My daily rate that i have been quoted is £3.22 does that sound right?? Any help please appreciated. :D :D
  2. You only claim one way. And I could be wrong but I think you make a voluntary contribution of the first 3 miles ? (someone will correct me I'm sure). I got 13.96 a day for an 86 mile round trip. But remember that you get it every day (365 days a year) and I think it isn't taxed as it's an allowance. I've found that it easily covers my running costs annually but I've got a not very thirsty diesel, it costs me £8 a day in fuel and the rest goes towards tax, insurance and the like, plus I only made the trip on average 4 times a week.

Of course, I've probably got it all wrong!

edited to add.......Yes the figure does sound about right.
  3. Is it not the first 9 miles that you've got to pay out of your own pocket?
  4. Well my new abode is only 5.3 miles from work and I am getting respod for that, albeit a very small amount so i guess it must be less than 9 miles. Unless things are changing under JPA.
  5. I used to travel 6 miles and got nothing - prepare for some clawback, fella
  6. Maybe, I really don't know the rules and it isn't a vast amount at the moment as i've only just moved. Can any pay types clarify ?
  7. The critical question is - do you live in your own house, or a MQ?

If you live in your own house, you may be entitled to RILOR.

If you live in an MQ, you can get RESPOD.

Basic RESPOD Rules

• 1. Journey must be a minimum of 3 miles.

2. It is taxed.

3. The amount payable is directly linked to engine size, and journey length.

4. We don't do Personal Contribution Deduction anymore.

Milkybar - £3.22 is correct for a 13 mile journey in a vehicle of 126cc or more.

Hope this helps. Behold!! The power of ARRSE.
  8. I am in SSSA with my own house and family being 260 miles away. As I'm over 37 and on final posting I'm guessing that it's slightly different rules.

I get GYH(P), RESPOD and FIA.

Phillip-Kotler wrote

"I used to travel 6 miles and got nothing - prepare for some clawback, fella"

P-K, Depending on your circumstances I think you may have been seen off by your pay staff and it should be you that is doing the clawing back.
  9. Yes - very different.