RESPOD

#1
I currently work one 13miles one way from work. Am i entitled to claim 26miles obv return journey. My daily rate that i have been quoted is £3.22 does that sound right?? Any help please appreciated. :D :D
 
#2
You only claim one way. And I could be wrong but I think you make a voluntary contribution of the first 3 miles ? (someone will correct me I'm sure). I got 13.96 a day for an 86 mile round trip. But remember that you get it every day (365 days a year) and I think it isn't taxed as it's an allowance. I've found that it easily covers my running costs annually but I've got a not very thirsty diesel, it costs me £8 a day in fuel and the rest goes towards tax, insurance and the like, plus I only made the trip on average 4 times a week.

Of course, I've probably got it all wrong!

edited to add.......Yes the figure does sound about right.
 
#3
Is it not the first 9 miles that you've got to pay out of your own pocket?
 
#4
the_matelot said:
Is it not the first 9 miles that you've got to pay out of your own pocket?
Well my new abode is only 5.3 miles from work and I am getting respod for that, albeit a very small amount so i guess it must be less than 9 miles. Unless things are changing under JPA.
 
#5
floppyjocky said:
the_matelot said:
Is it not the first 9 miles that you've got to pay out of your own pocket?
Well my new abode is only 5.3 miles from work and I am getting respod for that, albeit a very small amount so i guess it must be less than 9 miles. Unless things are changing under JPA.
I used to travel 6 miles and got nothing - prepare for some clawback, fella
 
#6
Phillip-Kotler said:
floppyjocky said:
the_matelot said:
Is it not the first 9 miles that you've got to pay out of your own pocket?
Well my new abode is only 5.3 miles from work and I am getting respod for that, albeit a very small amount so i guess it must be less than 9 miles. Unless things are changing under JPA.
I used to travel 6 miles and got nothing - prepare for some clawback, fella
Maybe, I really don't know the rules and it isn't a vast amount at the moment as i've only just moved. Can any pay types clarify ?
 
#7
The critical question is - do you live in your own house, or a MQ?

If you live in your own house, you may be entitled to RILOR.

If you live in an MQ, you can get RESPOD.

Basic RESPOD Rules

  • 1. Journey must be a minimum of 3 miles.

    2. It is taxed.

    3. The amount payable is directly linked to engine size, and journey length.

    4. We don't do Personal Contribution Deduction anymore.

Milkybar - £3.22 is correct for a 13 mile journey in a vehicle of 126cc or more.

Hope this helps. Behold!! The power of ARRSE.
 
#8
I am in SSSA with my own house and family being 260 miles away. As I'm over 37 and on final posting I'm guessing that it's slightly different rules.

I get GYH(P), RESPOD and FIA.

Phillip-Kotler wrote

"I used to travel 6 miles and got nothing - prepare for some clawback, fella"

P-K, Depending on your circumstances I think you may have been seen off by your pay staff and it should be you that is doing the clawing back.
 

Similar threads

Top