Respirator test facility restrictions

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar69, Sep 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone remember if there is a restriction on using the gas chamber for MATTS etc if you have just have a tooth extracted. I had one out today and its MATTs this weekend. Don't really fancy CS in the old gums ( not that I ever get a whiff of CS )

2. Does it come under the open wound category?
    Isn't there a part of the brief prior to going in that says

"Does anyone have any medical conditions which preventthem from being exposed(even accidently Polar) to CS gas?" then it'll put the onus on you, "d'you feel lucky?"

3. Do you ever get a whiff of gums then? :)

4. Thats what I was thinking ....

5. Chest infections, colds, asthma, skin complaints, pregnancy, contact lenses, eye infections....

6. Just reading my handy Aide memoir.... ( and I said it would never be used.... what a pessemist). It says absolutely nothing about open wounds oral or otherwise.

Sorry mate, you cant get out of it that way.... and besides... you will be too worried about your eyes waterin like you have just taken a hoofin to the tatties to be bothered about your gums

7. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

could always chance it 1/2 the time no one knows what the restrictions are anyway :eek:

8. as long as you don't lick the tablet or match fusee you'll be fine

9. If your gob is a mess and sore it will probaly not be a good idea but if you think you can manage so be it. There is nothing to say that you should be excused in my CBRN folder but it will come down to common sense. If it is pis*ing with blood then you shouldn't do it. CS will have no effect on the wound. How many times have you been in the RTF and had a burning mouth???Not at all.

The best bit of advice is see the MO and if they think it would be unwise then they know best.

10. Stop being a big girl, get in there and make like you aren't bothered :D

11. I take my hat off to you sir..... thats exactly what i was thinking.