Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If they're wearing the ear-loop surgical masks, torn-up tee-shirts with rubber band ear-loops as demonstrated by the US Surgeon General, or a bit of scarf, their effectiveness at stopping the snotcloud is in considerable doubt, as the snot is ejected sideways. upwards past the eyebrows, and down the carriers chest, a la 'egg-banjo'.
I remember being in theatre when an assistant turned his head to sneeze and the consultant damn near ripped his head off for contaminating his operating site.

If they're wearing the ear-loop surgical masks, torn-up tee-shirts with rubber band ear-loops as demonstrated by the US Surgeon General, or a bit of scarf, their effectiveness at stopping the snotcloud is in considerable doubt, as the snot is ejected sideways. upwards past the eyebrows, and down the carriers chest, a la 'egg-banjo'.
If you're riding an old soap box with some pram wheels then your ability to win Le Mans is in considerable doubt too.

If you're driving a car actually designed for racing...

Last edited:

Quo_vadis

Clanker
Eventually, if continued we will see civil disobedience. IMO for that reason this lock down won't last and they will have to find a way to ease restrictions even at the risk of this virus returning and killing a lot of people. The impact of destroying the economy and mass disobedience outweigh the impact of the virus in the long term.
I agree. So far, the government strategy has been all stick and no carrot. That was fine for bringing people into line initially, but the government now need to get much smarter in showing people a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

They don’t need to make any promises, just some simplified and well communicated projections as to when and how we might see restrictions being relaxed. It’s risky, but so is hoping that people will remain generally compliant in ‘lockdown’ for weeks on end. They won’t.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
I've seen the old M9A1s used in the Vietnam war by the US on eBay :rolleyes:
Just to make it clear, you are talking about the respirator with that model name and not the 9mm Parabellum-calibre modified Berreta 92F that the US adopted as their service pistol.

Edited to add:

Found my S10. As expected, it still fits, with a perfect seal around my fizzog. Also as expected I don't have my Rx lens inserts, so I can't actually use the thing to see through with.

Insert Captain Darling's last word in his war diary here.

Last edited:

Plum Crazy

Swinger
I'm seeing a heck of a lot of S10 and S6 respirators being sold on ebay and guessing people are buying them for protection against Covid19 but would the filters with them actually protect you and if so how long once a filter has been exposed to air would it protect for?
Bin the old filters and buy a new one. The 40mm thread is standard for military and industry. P3 for about £10 is fine. pro-2000-pf10-p3-particle-filter-119-p.jpg
The S6 is fine but a little old school. The S10 can do this corona.png With enough tubing and plastic bottles we can get the bloody pubs open again.
Now, if there's anyone from NASA or Oxford engineering college, can you fix them so you can smoke in them too. Then the problem's solved.

Also eliminates the shame of pulling dodgy birds, as they'll all look the same now.

Latest Threads