Respirator for Covid-19

TamH70

MIA
If you live in Scotland there is always the Comrie Nuclear Bunker ETA I believe it is on the market too :mad:
View attachment 462414
I spent an Annual Camp in that building, which at the time we knew as the HIG - for reasons that escaped me then and still do so now. One side effect of being in a forced-air ventilation system that I found entertaining was that my pee turned almost fluorescent-yellow due to the increased dehydration that those things cause.

If you read my entire quote it states when in colpro. Collective protection., therefore not individual suits
So you like being in a bunker being bathed in the dog-breath of squaddies with teeth the colour of cigarette filters.
That doesn’t make you any less odd.

I spent an Annual Camp in that building, which at the time we knew as the HIG - for reasons that escaped me then and still do so now. One side effect of being in a forced-air ventilation system that I found entertaining was that my pee turned almost fluorescent-yellow due to the increased dehydration that those things cause.
As long as it wasn't some secret chemical. I visited some years ago, but I understand it was supposed to become a digital repository - not sure if the sale went through. The rest of the camp has been developed, though retaining its general appearance. Lots of small businesses and a large catering concern in the refurbished canteen. The camp is now owned by the Community.

:) It was a particular Sp Coy storeman I had in mind.
Back in 67, UNFICYP 1RGJ there was a West Indian fella - can't recall his name, but he drank black water-bottle mugs of Kio Brandy - If I recall they were about two pints and I'd say he had a couple every night. The second worst I came across was after a night out in Celle in which I consumed a 'Berliner Weisse' - strawberry flavour, as I staggered back to my room I leaned against a wall and breathed out - it hit me in the face............totally reeking!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Being at school in Crieff and in Cadets as fairly familiar with the camp but that was before they built the bunker.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So you like being in a bunker being bathed in the dog-breath of squaddies with teeth the colour of cigarette filters.
That doesn’t make you any less odd.
Think more a medical establishment blessed by the presence of multiple QAs.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'm seeing a heck of a lot of S10 and S6 respirators being sold on ebay and guessing people are buying them for protection against Covid19 but would the filters with them actually protect you and if so how long once a filter has been exposed to air would it protect for?
Get 3M 7502

Unless you're downrange of a shower of snot from a carrier, you're more likely to get it through touch, then transfer to your face.

Unless you're downrange of a shower of snot from a carrier, you're more likely to get it through touch, then transfer to your face.
If the carriers are wearing masks, there's less of a change of your touching a snot-covered surface and then transferring it to your face.

If the carriers are wearing masks, there's less of a change of your touching a snot-covered surface and then transferring it to your face.
If they're wearing the ear-loop surgical masks, torn-up tee-shirts with rubber band ear-loops as demonstrated by the US Surgeon General, or a bit of scarf, their effectiveness at stopping the snotcloud is in considerable doubt, as the snot is ejected sideways. upwards past the eyebrows, and down the carriers chest, a la 'egg-banjo'.

If they're wearing the ear-loop surgical masks, torn-up tee-shirts with rubber band ear-loops as demonstrated by the US Surgeon General, or a bit of scarf, their effectiveness at stopping the snotcloud is in considerable doubt, as the snot is ejected sideways. upwards past the eyebrows, and down the carriers chest, a la 'egg-banjo'.
Not so far fetched:
Situation: Cyprus UN Camp Polymedia, Limmasol 1967. HQ Coy Naafi staffed by an Egyptian Dhobi Waller. Yours truely decides to play a joke on him. Breaks egg and extracts runny part into palm of hand. Pretends to sneeze at the counter and splatters a handful of pretendi-snot right in front of the startled gentleman - where upon said Dhobi Waller, to much laughter from the attendant audience, jumps backwards with a blood curling cry, grabs a machete and chases me all round the compound in an attempt to sever my heed from the rest of my torso. Fcuking shit myself.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Back in 67, UNFICYP 1RGJ there was a West Indian fella - can't recall his name, but he drank black water-bottle mugs of Kio Brandy - If I recall they were about two pints and I'd say he had a couple every night. The second worst I came across was after a night out in Celle in which I consumed a 'Berliner Weisse' - strawberry flavour, as I staggered back to my room I leaned against a wall and breathed out - it hit me in the face............totally reeking!
Yeah! but staggering back to barracks on warm German summer nights, and pissed! are fond memories of mine!

Latest Threads