Respect

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Armed_and_dangerous, Feb 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In your view(s) what is the most widely respected regiment etc. (para/marine/sas/sbs/HAC/etc/etc)?

2. AGC, RMP in particular.

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Waaaaaah :)

4. It very much depends what you mean by 'respect' ("Yo, Respect") and by whom. The great unwashed are in awe of the activities and mystique of the SAS. I suspect, however, that there is universal respect for the our little Gurkha chums, who are varyingly seen as fearless, fearsome (hold onto yer ears!) and good at volleyball.

5. 3 static laundry unit RLC (v) commanded by our very own Major “Give me Persil or give me death” Abacus

6. You've already made your mind up. Why else would only the HAC be in capitals?

7. No wah Snowy, honest! :wink:

Come on everybody:-

Hey hey we're the monkeys

People say we monkey around....

Etc

8. im not actually very familiar with the HAC which is why i spelt it in capitals, the other four i know a little about, and they were all examples anyway so stop nit picking you meany

9. Cross my palm with silver and I could arrange for you to become very familiar with the HAC.

10. yes i will cross your palm with silver......................

11. I just can't think of the best unit/department in the whole army, but whenever I was out living in Banja Luka, I found it really hard to keep my 'Y' fronts clear of skids. All those nice Ghurka curries you see. Then I discovered a unit who kept my crusty pants sparkling. I can't remember who was responsible but I managed to capture one of these fantastic scrubbers after he had chiseled a particularly bad mudslide off my M&S 'Y-fronts'. Cheers Abs, without people like you I'd have been on 6 months worth of Regy Baths :D

[​IMG]

12. nope didnt work still not very FAMILIAR, even after 'crossing your palm with silver'!!

13. 'I found it really hard to keep my 'Y' fronts clear of skids. All those nice Ghurka curries you see. Then I discovered a unit who kept my crusty pants sparkling. I can't remember who was responsible but I managed to capture one of these fantastic scrubbers after he had chiseled a particularly bad mudslide off my M&S 'Y-fronts' '
    - good for you

14. Without a doubt the finest military force on the planet is and always will be the 1st Bn Foot and Mouth.. what a crap question.. what is this, a bloody youth opportunity week?