Respect

It very much depends what you mean by 'respect' ("Yo, Respect") and by whom. The great unwashed are in awe of the activities and mystique of the SAS. I suspect, however, that there is universal respect for the our little Gurkha chums, who are varyingly seen as fearless, fearsome (hold onto yer ears!) and good at volleyball.

3 static laundry unit RLC (v) commanded by our very own Major “Give me Persil or give me death” Abacus

Armed_and_dangerous said:
In your view(s) what is the most widely respected regiment etc. (para/marine/sas/sbs/HAC/etc/etc)?
You've already made your mind up. Why else would only the HAC be in capitals?

OldSnowy said:
No wah Snowy, honest! :wink:

Come on everybody:-

Hey hey we're the monkeys

People say we monkey around....

Etc

im not actually very familiar with the HAC which is why i spelt it in capitals, the other four i know a little about, and they were all examples anyway so stop nit picking you meany

im not actually very familiar with the HAC which is why i spelt it in capitals, the other four i know a little about, and they were all examples anyway so stop nit picking you meany
Cross my palm with silver and I could arrange for you to become very familiar with the HAC.

I just can't think of the best unit/department in the whole army, but whenever I was out living in Banja Luka, I found it really hard to keep my 'Y' fronts clear of skids. All those nice Ghurka curries you see. Then I discovered a unit who kept my crusty pants sparkling. I can't remember who was responsible but I managed to capture one of these fantastic scrubbers after he had chiseled a particularly bad mudslide off my M&S 'Y-fronts'. Cheers Abs, without people like you I'd have been on 6 months worth of Regy Baths :D

'I found it really hard to keep my 'Y' fronts clear of skids. All those nice Ghurka curries you see. Then I discovered a unit who kept my crusty pants sparkling. I can't remember who was responsible but I managed to capture one of these fantastic scrubbers after he had chiseled a particularly bad mudslide off my M&S 'Y-fronts' '
- good for you

In your view(s) what is the most widely respected regiment etc. (para/marine/sas/sbs/HAC/etc/etc)?
Without a doubt the finest military force on the planet is and always will be the 1st Bn Foot and Mouth.. what a crap question.. what is this, a bloody youth opportunity week?

Definitely a photo finish between the 2nd/44th Amphibious Amway Assault Regiment and the 2nd/3rd Women's Land Army and Big Balloons Corps

tafmad said:
Without a doubt the finest military force on the planet is and always will be the 1st Bn Foot and Mouth.. what a crap question.. what is this, a bloody youth opportunity week?
you really are one sarcastic t*sser