Residual Local Overseas Allowance

Hello, I was wondering if my mother battalion is based abroad and I have flew back to the U.K. on a BLACK ECONEMY Posting, am I still entitled to risidual LOA as I am still part of my unit as I can be called back any time and not pidded, I am black econemy anyone know?

I presume your RAO have said no, and you are hoping for another answer?

if not, why not start there - they should know!

Hello, I was wondering if my mother battalion is based abroad and I have flew back to the U.K. on a BLACK ECONEMY Posting, am I still entitled to risidual LOA as I am still part of my unit as I can be called back any time and not pidded, I am black econemy anyone know?
Local Overseas Allowance.

Paid to those posted overseas.

Not paid to those posted / stationed in the UK.

No idea what a "black econemy" is.

I used to lose my LOA when coming back to UK for courses so I think the word Overseas may have something to do with it.

Been out a very long time... now a spectator rather than a participant.... but WTF is 'BLACK ECONEMY?'
Is it some kind of 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' sort of secret enterprise?
Has the poster been tasked to infiltrate minority street gangs?
Have you been 'trafficked? Is this a desperate call for help?
Are there no longer Pay Offices in units to give advice on pay and allowances?

This is a very messy situation. There are no "black economy" pids - soldiers are loaned, unofficially to locations. Dependent on the post and the duration you may be entitled to residual LOA if detached for a short period and officially moved and tracked. You may become eligible for HTD/GYH etc if it is all done above board.

It is best to talk to an RAO to understand your JPA PID location and what is reasonable/entitlement. A dim view is taken on someone claiming LOA when they have a two year black economy posting to a training team - words like fraud come about and people end up paying back large sums of cash. Similarly it takes a dim view of people not being in the location JPA says they are when a JCCC incident happens.

PM if you want more advice but if you have no assignment order for where you are now, I would want top cover from unit and brigade to clarify what I was/not entitled to. It is best to be above board. The argument that you may be pulled back anytime will not wash if all your kit is in the UK and you have nothing in your LOA location.

So my PID on JPA, still claims that I belong to my mother unit abroad which includes me being called back if and when they want me, all of my kit / serialised also is to my knowledge in my stores abroad still, I was never given an assignment order for my current location either as I was not getting pidded which was made clear to me that I would not be entitled to Disturabance Pay or Disturbance leave as such as I was not being pidded as if needed they would call me back anytime as I still belong to my mother unit on JPA, I have rang my clerk and he also was very confused on the situation but understood it may be residual LOA instead of full, it is hard for me to contact any one from my location due to them all being busy constantly and different time zones., many thanks I have also been tracked the clerk has said, and I pay for accommodation at my currently location.

RE-DSO

Old-Salt
There used to be an armoured Recce Sgts post for the RE at Bovvy. Parent unit was always 32 Armoured in Germany. Post holder always too full LOA. But this was a few years ago

If he is “seconded” to the UK then I think he should be entitled to residual LOA as he has an AO saying he is overseas, expects to return overseas and is in an overseas pid. His other allowances may go up or down and I suspect this may be a PACC case as he is living/working in a place different to his JPA location and without official sanction.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Been out a very long time... now a spectator rather than a participant.... but WTF is 'BLACK ECONEMY?'
Is it some kind of 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' sort of secret enterprise?
Has the poster been tasked to infiltrate minority street gangs?
Have you been 'trafficked? Is this a desperate call for help?
Are there no longer Pay Offices in units to give advice on pay and allowances?

Its normally weird and wonderful jobs, like recruiting teams (for 2 or 3 years), Corps RSM driver or playing the oboe (pink) in the Corps of Army music.
These jobs dont have official PIDS so the soldiers are assigned to a proper unit. In the RLC its quite possible to be assigned to a unit and never visit it once.
The RAO department frequently give out conflicting advice, you can go to two different RAOs with a financial question and get two completely different answers.

Editted to add, soldiers do not normally claim LOA themselves, its done by the AGC branch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Health and Fitness 4
Joker Army Pay, Claims & JPA 14
fatlad_spotter Royal Signals 2

Latest Threads