Residency Waiver?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by UKUSUK, Jun 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am interested in enlisting as an officer. I'm 23 years old with a degree and a British passport. I grew up in the UK but moved to the US at the age of 11. I have spent the last 12 years in the US but am moving back to the UK in the next couple of months. I know there's a 5 year residency requirement prior to enlisting, but is there any way to waive this? I know the RAF is strict on this policy, but apparently it is easy to waive in the Navy. Any ideas how the Army does it?

Thanks

2. Still searching for an answer. To add, I have maintained my residency in the UK while in the US (frequent, long visits home) and my family/father still live in the UK. I was in the US for my education.

Thanks

3. Have you contacted an AFCO?

4. It can be done - especially if you are not going anywhere you need a DV clearance - but what Maj Clanger said. They may be sticking more strictly to the rules in this time of (relative) recruiting plenty.

5. Ultimately, its your sponsor or ACA that will have the answer, you should really ask him, as he will give you an answer, this board will merely give you opinions. Good luck with it!