Residency Requirements

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by fruhbr, Jun 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I applied for Sandhurst in September 2012 having graduated from uni in 2011 and having been living and working in Japan for a year.

My sponsor encouraged me to work in Japan to gain life experience an strengthen my application.

Fast forward to this week, having passed Briefing with a cat1 last month, and I just received an email from Capita saying I don't meet the residency requirements for a commission as I've been out of the country for two years.

Should I be worried about this? I'm a British citizen and lived in England until 2011. Any opinions would be appreciated. I'll contact them on Monday (the women dealing with my application conveniently went on a weeks holiday immediately following the aforementioned email...)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. You're a British Citizen, that should be the end of it. Being overseas for a length of time may cause issues with vetting at some point, but nothing that should bar entry
  3. Thank you. That's exactly what I thought but Capita seem to think its causing problems on paper (they even thoughtfully emailed me a copy of the form so I could see I haven't been in England for the past two years...)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  4. They probably think Japan is a Commonwealth Country........