Residence to Place of Duty

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Filbert Fox, Jun 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am quartered 45 miles away from my place of work, 90 mile round trip a day (lucky me) and I get ResPod for this, now, 2 things really:

1. Why am I taxed on it? as I already get taxed to death at the petrol pumps.

2. Seeing as bLIARs crusade to get into the history books has forced the price of oil up, therefore increasing the cost of petrol/diesel, will the Respod rate increase in reponse?

2. Ahhh - the cunning Mr Fox....

RESPOD is non-taxable. If you are getting taxed on it, then something somewhere has gone horribly wrong.

And the RESPOD/RILOR rates change every August. I am not 100% certain, but I believe that they are somehow linked to the cost of public transport.

What! Everyone you know drives a car to work, and doesn't catch public transport? Surely you don't think that SP Pol have their fingers off the pulse in order to save a few sheckles.........?

3. thanks for that, Ill check out the tax thing, cheers.

4. RPOD is most definitely not taxed, neither is RILOR. These are classed as reimbursment allowances and as you theoretically have paid out your own money, you are not taxed on what you receive.

LSSA/LSSB etc are not classed as reimbursment allowances so that is why you are taxed on those. Hope this helps
    :D

Enjoy the first division !! :wink:

5. we'll try, not that we have much choice :D

6. To be fair though, at least you are adding to the quality of stadiums in the division now.

Perhaps next year you can swap with Man City !! :roll:

7. The AFPRB examine the rates of Charges and Allowances every reporting period, in line with increases in inflation etc.

8. The new rates of RILOR/RPOD have already been published. BUT there is the caveat of 'the price went up after we calculated the new rates'. Very convient :?