Reshuffle 15/09

QRK2

LE
Never heard of the new Education chap before, anyone with informed opinion about Nadhim Zahawi?

He'd have to be trying pretty hard to **** things up more than Gove or be more useless than Williamson. Apparently he was vaccines minister so he might be dangerously competent.

Rumour was he would have been moved to education earlier but it was considered more important that he stay on the vaccines rollout.

In the absence of Boris reshuffling himsef (something of which I feel certain he is more than capable), please, please, please make get rid of Priti 'Madame Bullshit' Patel.

Yes but, the important question is…

Would you?

F7005C0B-AECE-493F-B571-BC0C38D7F614.jpeg

Never heard of the new Education chap before, anyone with informed opinion about Nadhim Zahawi?

He'd have to be trying pretty hard to **** things up more than Gove or be more useless than Williamson. Apparently he was vaccines minister so he might be dangerously competent.
From Wiki

Early political career​

In 1991, Zahawi and fellow Kurd Broosk Saib were aides to Jeffrey Archer during Archer's controversial "Simple Truth" campaign to help Kurdish victims of the First Gulf War. Zahawi and Saib were nicknamed "Lemon kurd" and "Bean kurd" by Archer. In 1994 Archer helped campaign for Zahawi for a seat on Wandsworth Council. Zahawi also ran Archer's unsuccessful campaign for Mayor of London in 1998.

There is absolutely no reason why the RN should sully its fine reputation, clearing-up the debacle, which is of the BF's own making.

The reason is because a democratically elected Government minister issued orders.

But if you don’t care for democracy then polishing a reputation is easy. You just need to keep airbrushing out the less "fine" parts of the reputation. Such as surrendering to the Iranian "navy".

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Surprised you have not seen N Zahawi, he is the go to Tory for breakfast news. He has been Vaccines Minister and seems to have done a good job.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I expect it must have been a busy few days for Carrie.
Carrie's influence clearly dilutes the brand and living in a red wall seat, the labour party don't have to do that much to shift the swingometer back to them and the more she makes the tories look respectable to the guardian the more likely that shift will begin.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I

Is he in training for the next series of Strictly:???:
If he is, at least one household will be spared the sight. We never watch it - it has completely passed us by!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If he is, at least one household will be spared the sight. We never watch it - it has completely passed us by!
I envy you sir.
And now for something completely different? No not Monty Python but one of the better programmes and series that the Beeb have put out. A House Through Time.
We are on series four now and if you haven’t it’s well worth a watch. The latest is in Headingley, Leeds and is very interesting, I love these programmes, yes even the one in Liverpool.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You’ll enjoy it more if you didn’t watch so much news;)
The BBC are currently curing me of that ailment and I only watch snippets through the day, usually when I have clicked over from an interesting factual programme! :geek:

Guido knows, you know ...

10.40:
John Wittingdale out as media minister at DCMS
09.00: Michael Ellis gets Paymaster General at the Cabinet Office
09.00: Penny Mordaunt promoted to Minister of State at trade
05.24: Penny Mordaunt indicates she’s out as paymaster general in the Cabinet Office

and some from after bed-time of many of our contributors/contibutrices

23.33: Kemi Badenoch appointed Minister of State at MHCLG and FCDO, plus minister for equalities
23.33: Greg Hands appointed Minister of State at BEIS
21.59: Victoria Prentis appointed Minister of State at DEFRA
21.59: Julia Lopez appointed Minister of State at DCMS
21.59: Amanda Milling appointed Minister of State at FCDO
21:35: Luke Hall out as local government minister
21.20: Nick Gibb out as schools minister

Nadine Dorries Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport eh?
Do Boris and Nadine have history perhaps? Mm, let me see, she ticks all of Boris’s boxes (female and pulse) and she must have been a cracker in her younger days. Another notch on his bedpost so to speak?