Resettlment - Entitlement Confusion, help please

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Meum_Cerebrum_Nocet, Dec 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

I am shortly to PVR and was wondering exactly what resettlement I am entitled to. The Unit Resettlement lady is off sick for who knows how long (a month and counting) so there isn't anyone to ask. The reason I am confused is that I have heard conflicting stories reference my 5+ years service.

Some people insist that as I will be actually leaving the Army at the 6 and 2/3 year point that I will be entitled to the GRT while others say that you are only eligible to receive that if you sign off AFTER you have passed the 6 year point (and yes I know that it would be easy to just stay in an extra 4 months but for a good reason I can't).

I'm not trying to be materialistic but I would like to be clear about what I'm entitled to so I don't miss out.

Any help much appreciated, thank you.

2. Quest Magazine

Google is your friend.

3. Hey

Thanks for the Quest link. It doesn't categorically state one way or the other, just states that at 6 years, I am entitled to GRT (doesn't say whether that's 6 years from signing off or at the 6 year point)

Thank you nonetheless.

4. No problem.

I'm off to herd cats and plait fog. It might be a bit easier than trying to explain it to you :roll: and I am not in the mood for having the piss taken out of me. I'm a tad fragile today.

5. PVR - are you sure with only 5 years service?

6. 6 and 2/3rds!

If it smells like and it looks like, then it is.

The End,

By Dale,

Aged 5.

7. yawn....

Anyway you being discharged early or medical?

8. Suppose I asked for most of that!!

Yeah I'm sure, like I said, good reason (job offer)

Thanks.

9. The answer is simple: it's 6 years exactly from the day you joined (that's the enlistment date on JPA).

You're entitled to CTP's package (Career Transition Workshop, finance and housing briefings, job fairs, and a PIN to their jobs list) and you have 4 weeks termination leave, 4 weeks resettlement time, and whatever leave you've got left to sort your life out.

Your local education centre will be able to give you more advice.

10. If the "resettlement lady" you mentioned is not actually the IERO, phone your local Army Ed Centre and arrange to have your Resettlement Advice Briefing. Somebody should have told you that when you signed off.

Your 6 years of eligible service for GRT counts from the day you were enlisted.

11. your 6 years is your termination date not the date you sign off. So if youve done over 6 years on your last paid day then youre in.
    Pre-JPA, your enlistment date was the date that you swore your oath. (The time between swearing the oath and tipping up for day 1 was considered as unpaid employment.)

AS FOR TERMINATION LEAVE, DONT EXPECT MORE THAN 1 WEEK UNLESS YOUVE COMPLETED 10 YEARS SERVICE! IF YOUVE DONE LESS THAN 10 YEARS IT IS YOUR COMMANDING OFFICERS DESCRETION AS TO WHETHER YOU GET ANY MORE AND HOW MUCH!

12. That's what I was looking for (one way or the other).

Thanks very much Fox.

13. No probs, Resettlement was my job for 2 years after I left the Army and Ive only been out for 2 years and 2 months, so Im fairly current on whats going on.