Discussion in 'Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010' started by irlsgt, Jun 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apart from cash is any assistance given?

Eg the Irish Defence Forces (and some larger employers) run pre-retirement courses so the people know how to look after their tax affairs etc

They also get (I think the figure is) 28 days pre-discharge leave, if they joined before 1994/5.
  2. Have a chat with your resettlement officer, should have plenty of knowledge if you can get something.
  3. I'm not British Army
  4. What services are you then (if serving)? As it can be quite an open question depending entirely on personal circumstance.
  5. Ohh I dont know, have a look at his username and take a wild stab in the dark......

Resettlement for me started 2 years prior to retirement. Attended a course that, in my opinion wasn't very informative but others have found it useful. You are then given a small grant to use on training and have 35 days extra leave to carry out resettlement training, job interviews etc. you then have a final 28 days termination leave. I left in 2011 and thats how it went for me

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers

Any kind of army organised resettlement training or is it up to yourself?
  7. Its really up to yourself to organise your own courses. There is guidance if you wish it from an assigned career councillor after you attend the initial transition workshop, as there are many who don't know what they want to do when the get out.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)