Resettlement leave+terminal leave+individual leave....

Good evening everyone, first post here.

I have PVR'd in December'17 for a outdate of january'19. I would like to do a gas course through CTP which lasts 15 weeks :oops:. With my 4 weeks resettlement leave, 4 weeks terminal leave and 7 week individual leave I can cover it.

questions,

1. If my unit wont allow me to take 15 weeks as a block leave to carry out this resettlement course, who would I see to contest the decision?

2. Can my unit force me to take leave through out the year, as I am leaving and need the leave for my resettlement plan I need my days!

3. Am I able to start a resettlement course whilst in service, continue and finish the course as a civilian.

4. SEND HELP, my head is spinning :-?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

I have PVR'd in December'17 for a outdate of january'19. I would like to do a gas course through CTP which lasts 15 weeks :oops:. With my 4 weeks resettlement leave, 4 weeks terminal leave and 7 week individual leave I can cover it.

questions,

1. If my unit wont allow me to take 15 weeks as a block leave to carry out this resettlement course, who would I see to contest the decision?

2. Can my unit force me to take leave through out the year, as I am leaving and need the leave for my resettlement plan I need my days!

3. Am I able to start a resettlement course whilst in service, continue and finish the course as a civilian.

I'd suggest speaking to your nearest Education Centre or Resettlement Officer. They'll be the ones signing your paperwork off anyway.

questions,

Im in my last two years, what Ive been told is your last 4 weeks are your termination leave so that isnt going to change, your GRT (Which I assume is what you are calling resettlement leave) can be used for courses, however your normal leave is like it is if you werent leaving, the army tells you when to take it not vice versa. If your CO wants to make life difficult he can, so I'd advise a letter to the OC volunteering for all duties over block leave periods.
There is a bit more guidance here (particularly question 3) from 0358 to 0362.
https://www.ctp.org.uk/assets/x/52802

Is that your real name?

ArtfulDodjar

War Hero
No they cant block it. Tell them in plenty of time so they have no excuses. Get it put on the solider tracker or whatever bone spreadsheet they use to track soldiers whereabouts.

If all else fails there is a form that your CoC have to sign to state why they cant release you for resettlement activities. It gets approved at HQ level so stick that under your CoC nose and youll be magically released. (Ask your resettlement officer for this)

Also get a chuff chart put up. May sound childish but you need a daily reminder that days are falling away and to get a shifty on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jurrasic_clerk

Old-Salt

questions,

I have some questions for you.

1. How much reckonable service have you got? If it is less than 6 years, you shouldn't be getting Graduated Resettlement Time.

2. How much leave are you carrying over from this leave year? If the answer is none, you won't be getting a full year's entitlement of Annual Leave and might not get the 15 weeks that you are expecting.

Thanks for the replies, some good advice.

I have served 7 years this May so I qualify for full resettlement.

I am carrying 15 days over and hope to get around 27 days in April. Leaving me with 8 Weeks.

No they cant block it. Tell them in plenty of time so they have no excuses. Get it put on the solider tracker or whatever bone spreadsheet they use to track soldiers whereabouts.

If all else fails there is a form that your CoC have to sign to state why they cant release you for resettlement activities. It gets approved at HQ level so stick that under your CoC nose and youll be magically released. (Ask your resettlement officer for this)

Also get a chuff chart put up. May sound childish but you need a daily reminder that days are falling away and to get a shifty on.

I think they can block personal leave, needs of the army and all that.

jurrasic_clerk

Old-Salt
European Working Time Directive and all that would suggest that not allowing someone to take all their leave when there is no opportunity to carry it over or be paid extra if it is untaken would be against the law.

ArtfulDodjar

War Hero

Yes they could, or the "leaders and managers" of this fine institution can do their job and put out a trawl to cover this bloke whilst he's resettling.

Like i said, smash in that form that states why you cant be released for resettlement activities (ILA can be used for resettlement activities as per JSP once GRT is used.).

The form goes up to an adult at HQ with the bone reason from servicemans CoC. Adult reads it, realises CoC are being lazy and rods it off.

European Working Time Directive and all that would suggest that not allowing someone to take all their leave when there is no opportunity to carry it over or be paid extra if it is untaken would be against the law.
Does the European Working Time Directive apply to members of the Armed Forces? I thought they were exempt.

I think we are exempt that, but no one is denying him it, just denying it when he wants it. From the regiments point of view, he should be taking block leave, the same as everyone else which is why I suggested writing a letter volunteering for duties.

Yes they could, or the "leaders and managers" of this fine institution can do their job and put out a trawl to cover this bloke whilst he's resettling.

Like i said, smash in that form that states why you cant be released for resettlement activities (ILA can be used for resettlement activities as per JSP once GRT is used.).

The form goes up to an adult at HQ with the bone reason from servicemans CoC. Adult reads it, realises CoC are being lazy and rods it off.

Depends what work they have over the block leave periods.

From what I can gather from the JSP be you can use your leave for resettlement but its not a right to take it when you want.

jurrasic_clerk

Old-Salt
JSP 760 Chapter 1 para 1.13 (ignore the fact that it is titled Death in Service) states:

For Service personnel about to leave the Service; all outstanding leave must be taken with Terminal Leave.

ArtfulDodjar

War Hero

Depends what work they have over the block leave periods.

From what I can gather from the JSP be you can use your leave for resettlement but its not a right to take it when you want.
Yep youre correct, but again its down to the leaders and managers.

It was arranged for me to work in the guardroom so i didnt have to go on block leave, or I was on TEMPERER.

There are many ways to get around this simple problem.

JSP 760 Chapter 1 para 1.13 (ignore the fact that it is titled Death in Service) states:

For Service personnel about to leave the Service; all outstanding leave must be taken with Terminal Leave.

It wont be outstanding if you are told to use it earlier in the year..

It was arranged for me to work in the guardroom so i didnt have to go on block leave, or I was on TEMPERER.

Indeed there is, but demanding a form if they say no, probably isnt going to do a lot to change their minds, where as being proactive and volunteering for work is a good start.
In your case it worked out fine, in another unit maybe several people are all asking for the same thing and there are only so many duties to go around.

They have to have a good reason though. The unit I was at when I left threatened to block my terminal leave of all things if I refused to extend for 3 months to cover a poxy range. Their lack of planning was not my problem.

They have to have a good reason though. The unit I was at when I left threatened to block my terminal leave of all things if I refused to extend for 3 months to cover a poxy range. Their lack of planning was not my problem.

Terminal leave is your last 4 weeks which they would need a very good reason to cancel, your ILA is no different than anybody else in the army (although the JSP states you may do resettlement in that time)

ArtfulDodjar

War Hero

Indeed there is, but demanding a form if they say no, probably isnt going to do a lot to change their minds, where as being proactive and volunteering for work is a good start.
In your case it worked out fine, in another unit maybe several people are all asking for the same thing and there are only so many duties to go around.
Again youre correct, but again leaders and managers know there is always something to be done on a camp.

Cam nets need checking, vehicles CES checking, that random ISO container needs emptying. If several guys need to work block leave then I'm sure something can be rusted up.

I hate being pedantic but nothing I'm stating or suggesting is outside the realm of reasonable thought. It only requires a little planning.

Latest Threads