resettlement help

can someone please help me, im just going thougth my resettlement and havent a clue what to do im a cpl in the rlc (driver) i dont have much quals but like using computers or maybe the fire service please can someone give me advice.

BSB seconded, if you havent got a clear plan stay in. There aint much out here and the army isnt always as bad as it seems.

To be not so blunt as the others, I would strongly suggest you stay in and do either a degree and some sort of in depth course whilst serving. try someting in-line with yr current occupation, ie, logistics etc. A resettlement course is bugger all, I am in Civ St and would never recommend employing somebody on the basis of a 5 week course, what counts is the person and what they can deliver, so stay in, and get the Army to pay your way thru wages, transfer, courses.

jodie167 said:
can someone please help me, im just going thougth my resettlement and havent a clue what to do im a cpl in the rlc (driver) i dont have much quals but like using computers or maybe the fire service please can someone give me advice.
I'm assuming you've done at least 9 years, maybe 12 so whay are you getting out this late in the day? As an RLC driver things can't get too difficult can they? I would have thought unless you were a complete incompetent spacko and became more optimistic you could at least make SSgt with the time you have left.

I agree with mag-to-grid, thing are never that bad mate.

Is it too obvious to assume that he may be a 22 year Cpl, and doesn't in fact have a choice whether or not he stays?

Talk to the resettlement bod at the education centre. If you're going into civvy logistics, ask how you can get a fork-lift truck licence, computer qualifications, and health and safety training in army time (you can get these without touching your resettlement money if you time it right).

Latest Threads