Resettlement Grant eligibility

Hello ARRSE, my first post - so take it easy on me please

After thoroughly looking online, asking my unit Clerks and the local AEC staff, I haven’t managed to get a definitive answer on the Resettlement Grant and was hoping someone on here had some solid gen.

I am in my 12th year of service and a bit of a crossroads. If I was to sign off this year and leave mid 2023 (just after my 12 year point), would I be eligible for the tax free Resettlement Grant?

Some people have said yes and some have said not unless I hand my mess tins in after 12 years (bringing me to 13 years service). This isn’t stated in the service leavers guide - it just says 12 years service.

Secondly, I am hoping to make full use of the PF FE/HE scheme through ELCAS upon leaving and work towards my first degree at university.

In the Service Leavers Guide it states something along the lines of service personell in receipt of no other support may be entitled to said grant; would I be able to claim the RG and use the ELCAS scheme for publicly funded education?

Necky i know, but I’m really trying to ensure I am fully prepared and have made full use of options available to me upon leaving.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

After thoroughly looking online, asking my unit Clerks and the local AEC staff, I haven’t managed to get a definitive answer on the Resettlement Grant and was hoping someone on here had some solid gen.

The Resettlement Grant is paid to Personnel who leave after 12 or more years of service (not those who receive immediate pension or EDP) to help them adjust to civilian life.

Latest Threads