Resettlement Grant (bone question)

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by INVICTUS, Feb 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick one regarding your resettlement grant after 12 years' service. Is this paid to you as a lump sum or is it a 'claim up to this amount in courses and provide receipts sketch'?

a little help would be great, cheers.

2. Your resettlement grant is a lump sum. The other dosh is the IRTC - individual resettlement training grant thingy - I think my acronym's out. That's a whopping £534 (same as it has been for the best part of 20 years...generous aren't they?), but usually the trg providers wangle food and accommodation grants into course costs as well.

CS

3. Its a con, you don't get all your outlay back - I didn't get as much back as I was promised. The fat pay bitch ,"lake", had this obsession with saving the Army money. She even asked why couldn't I have used buses instead of taxis when I put my claim in! Then she started throwing away reciepts she wasn't happy with.

4. i see a trend starting here regarding pay clerk "doris'" being slighty rotund. ours is exactly the same, feckin FUB.

5. As amzing lobster said you dont get much of your outlay back. Depending on what course you go for you might have an outlay of around £600 or anything over £1000. It all comes back in little dribs and drabs and it wont cover the full cost of what you had to pay.

But if you cant cover the money yourself i believe you can ask for 100% of the money up front instead of just 80%.

6. Cheers guys, nice to see that you get one last ******* before you leave! (for old times sake)

7. my restellement course cost £3500 not including accomodation, i got about £1200 from the army, They way i see it, is that the extra 2 grand i paid myself was worth it in the long run, as i got myself a decent job on excellent money.
    Many people just choose a course that is fully covered by their grant. and find a t the end of it the company that run it are just interested in your money and do not have the contacts to assist you in finding employment.