Resettlement Computer Maintenance Course - any1 done it?

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by ChristopherRobin, Jan 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all - just entered the resettlement zone and I noticed that one of the courses is 4 weeks PC maintenance. Now I fancy doing PC maintenance on the side when I get out because I hope to have a job that will be 4 days on, 4 days off.

I know a lot about PCs and have built my own, troubleshoot them a lot etc, so my question is whether this course is aimed at advanced users or beginners. If beginners, then I won't spend 4 weeks on it and will do something else, but grateful for any advice from anyone who's been on it.

many thanks
  2. What qualifications do you get out of it?
  3. Give them a phone or, even better, go to visit the training centre to see the training first hand before committing your hard-earned cash.
  4. I've done the course. Before I did it I'd already built repaired computers etc. The guys running it Ste and Chris both know their stuff. If you are "up to speed" before the course they can help you with more advanced stuff. They have a deal with an evaluation centre to A+ exam at reduced price. The course itself doesn't give you a qualification, it gets you to the point where you can get your A+.