Reservist Pay and Coronavirus

Zingari

Old-Salt
Any interesting debate has been thrown up regarding RSDs and Covid-19 self-isolation prevention.

Say a Reservist is on an RSD commitment and whilst he is on it picks up a cough etc. and following Gov advice self-isolates at home for 7 days. Will this count as continuous service for RSD pay given that he is prevented from attending his normal employment?

No, because they have Self Isolated, thereby voluntarily removed themselves from the RSDs. They should then be AGAId for failing to attend!

chimera

LE
Any interesting debate has been thrown up regarding RSDs and Covid-19 self-isolation prevention.

Say a Reservist is on an RSD commitment and whilst he is on it picks up a cough etc. and following Gov advice self-isolates at home for 7 days. Will this count as continuous service for RSD pay given that he is prevented from attending his normal employment?
What military duties would they be doing whilst self isolating? If you were sat at home with a MoDNet enabled laptop, MoD mobile etc, carrying out duty related work then an RSD would be appropriate. Missing the opportunity to attend training means that youhaven't attended training so no RSD.

What military duties would they be doing whilst self isolating? If you were sat at home with a MoDNet enabled laptop, MoD mobile etc, carrying out duty related work then an RSD would be appropriate. Missing the opportunity to attend training means that youhaven't attended training so no RSD.
He did say rsd contract. That usually means that the reservist is getting extra days. Ie 50 odd rather than 27. For enabling type stuff.

Upto 229 days could be obtained. Ie almost a part time job.

303rifleman

Old-Salt
ADC Additional Duties Commitment, is a Contract, Enabling or RSD's over your Bounty commitment are VTOD, I expect if personnel had indicated they were attending an event between now and the end of this month and needed the days to qualify for Bounty the powers that be would use the "in all probability they would have attended" and award the Bounty. We shall see, our unit did have an event for this weekend!

You could argue the same about regular troops who are self-isolating.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Research, dead small pets. Gerbils etc

For which you earn about 22 days of leave pay.

1 day extra pay for every 9.5 RSDs.

Which is nice.

I could earn 40k+ if you include pension, RSDs, leave and bounty.
Tell me about it. I average about 180-190 days a year, and I always forget about the paid leave. It’s a very nice surprise when I get my payslip.

Latest Threads