Reserves Review

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by DCDS?, Jun 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The TA are having an interesting (and in places not terribly well informed) debate about their future here:

TA Review Thread

I'd be interested to see what some of the denizens of the Staff College bit of the forum could add to the debate. (Beware....they can be very touchy down there when you have a go at some of their shibboleths)

2. YOUR A COCK

3. Baldrick this really won't do. The man puts forth his quaint little ideas about the Territorials and all you can manage is "YOUR A COCK".

Disgraceful; aside from the all caps shouting the correct response to this individual is, of course:

"You're a cock. A scabby flaccid one at that."

See the difference?

:D

4. I do apologyise I had had several cans of Becks I will try again

DCDS? you are a Ghonera infected wart covered impotent pus weeping penis

5. msr

msr LE

That will be the places you have made posts then...

msr

6. I don't think he is necessarily a c0ck but he is somebody who is trying to argue prejudices, based upon anecdotal evidence apparently sourced from a kindly and well-informed WO2 who met a TA soldier once. Unfortunately the quality of that information doesn't actually cut it with the extremely "well informed" characters debating the issue over on the other thread. The problem for DCDS? is that they disagree with him, will not be patronised and are capable of imaginative conjecture as well as factual referencing.

I can only assume he has come to the Staff College thread to find a "better" class of anecdote with which to impress us lowly TA personnel, or perhaps to cast fear of AGAIs and whatevers because not only regular WO2s but also Majors, annointed by the hand of Shrivenham, said it was so. :twisted:

Please come over to our place (TA Review Thread) where we sadly have no shibboleths but we do have an open mind about the future and a pretty good take on the past thirty years...based on being there, rather than at prep school.

7. Actually, as an old Territorial, I do have one shibboleth (and, indeed, a menorah);

TA: Be The Best.

8. Well thanks Slimey, a grosser Yiddisher mazel to you too! I merely meant we had no icons immune from iconoclasty, if that is not a religious metaphor too far??