Reserves Review Think Pieces

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Nov 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Have these been released yet?

2. Think? Bit of a misnamer is that one.... :)
  3. Yes

Clogged up my PC about two weeks ago. I might get 'round to reading them at some point but they're a bit labour intensive.

I did read part of one about building TA Centres in Devon down the M5 because the population shift is in that direction....old people mainly - really useful! And there was one about using RFA more...

you've clearly not seen them then?
  4. The presenter at the last meeting I attended said they would be publishing some of them on the "team website" - but that some would only go to subject matter experts for comment. My response was that in that case they would be less likely to get unbiased or blue sky thinking.

My reading of the whole thing was that we'll only get to see the non contentious stuff anyway.

I can't find any reference to a team website and they did not answer the email I sent.....

anyone got a link ?
  5. a range of think pieces:

Maritime Reserve•National TA•Management Structure of TA•Integration•Regular/Reserve Balance •Career Management•RAF Reserve •Civilian Skills and Stabilisation•Footprint •Sponsored Reserve•Regular Reserve •Force Generation and Training•UK Ops•Purpose•Proposition•Gap Year/Short Service Engagement •RFCAs•Volunteer Estate•Cost Analysis and Benefits Capture •Terms and Conditions•Employer Support and welfare

from the second tour round ppt presentation:
  6. Thanks Q, thats the link to their site and the recent presentation - but unless I'm being dim I don't see the "Think Pieces" ?
  7. it's all there is at the moment. i think that they may get sent out for a final discussion but when? i have no idea.
  8. Think pieces being sent only to those already involved methinks. A bit like asking Bernard Matthews to proof-read the Christmas lunch menu....
  9. Only just started to look into this... So what's the general thought on what will change?
  10. msr

msr LE

Nothing really.

11. Wow, that much!
  12. Not sure about that - had a bit of a scan since - how about getting rid of STA courses and trades and everyone training as infantry?
  13. msr

msr LE

Unless the review team can publish these so we can think about them, I shall continue to the treat the whole exercise with distain.

The trouble is that they are not speaking to the right people, as the thinking which got us into this situation is not the thinking which is going to get us out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice stance, but you might regret it when they publish their findings and state that people had plenty of time to contribute to the Think Pieces....