Reserves: Phase 1 training - during the winter

Aymer

Swinger
Hey all

Just curious if anyone knows anything about a “winter bounty” for doing your alpha or bravo.

Apparently for completing alpha or bravo during the winter you are awarded a bounty of £100 and/or £100 vouchers.

No body seems to know for sure how it works and wondered if anyone can shed any light on it.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Never heard of a winter bounty, but there is /was a bonus for completing phases of training

Hey all

Just curious if anyone knows anything about a “winter bounty” for doing your alpha or bravo.

Apparently for completing alpha or bravo during the winter you are awarded a bounty of £100 and/or £100 vouchers.

No body seems to know for sure how it works and wondered if anyone can shed any light on it.
It's £100 cash or £120 worth of vouchers.

Last edited:
As stated, there are bonuses for completing various stages of recruit training. Essentially, they are bribes to get people in. Still hasn't attracted the required numbers, though.

I thought you had to be of pensionable age to qualify for cold weather payments :roll:

As stated, there are bonuses for completing various stages of recruit training. Essentially, they are bribes to get people in. Still hasn't attracted the required numbers, though.

Pretty decent bribes too. £300 for passing selection, £1000 for passing Phase 1, and another £1000 for passing Phase 2.

Did mine years ago in Winter. February at Gib Barracks was somewhat discomforting. Where the ground looks icy and solid until you land on it.... to find its a centimetre of ice above 10 centimetres of shitty, liquid mud and its cold.

I thought you had to be of pensionable age to qualify for cold weather payments :roll:
Or a commenwealth soldier that left after 5 years and one day

Are these retrospective? Asking for a friend.

Do you get a bounty for wearing your boots?

Aymer

Swinger
If can, please do let me know I love a bounty and I don’t mean the chocolate :)

The bribes / bounties / awards are ok - the extra 100 (and/or 100 in vouchers) would be amazing, as it’s equivalent to almost the entire week for alpha at least if you get both.

Assuming this is correct when would winter be considered? I’m curious as I have alpha and bravo coming up in oct and nov, so just wondering if I will be blessed with these little bonuses for both :)

Last edited:

The bribes / bounties / awards are ok - the extra 100 (and/or 100 in vouchers) would be amazing, as it’s equivalent to almost the entire week for alpha at least if you get both.

Assuming this is correct when would winter be considered? I’m curious as I have alpha and bravo coming up in oct and nov, so just wondering if I will be blessed with these little bonuses for both :)
I suspect that the only winter bounty that you will see, will be in the NAAFI shop.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer

Hold on, getting £2000 total for doing Alpha & Bravo is “ok”, but £100 cash is “amazing”?

I would be stunned if you got extra for doing it in winter, the bonuses are big enough as it is! Bear in mind that the joining bounty is considerably higher than the annual one awarded to those in for over 5 years

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Pretty decent bribes too. £300 for passing selection, £1000 for passing Phase 1, and another £1000 for passing Phase 2.
FUUUUCK off. Gen?? That has got to be a wah.

Latest Threads