Reserves around Manchester

Hello guys,

I'm just looking for some advice. I am looking to join the reserves around Manchester having just finished uni. I have used the search function already and had some of my queries answered. I am looking at 116 Provost RMP, D Troop 209 Battery 103 Regiment RA or Supply Squadron 156 (NW) RLC. Just for ease of access as I don't drive. However I would like to know the following:

1. Which reserve units around Manchester are active, i.e. courses, camps and tours etc,
2. Does anyone have any experience of these units, and know what they are like as I know units can be a mixed bag.
3. How does joining a unit in a support role work on exercise and courses e.g. chef as I know that's a different role to say artillery

Thank You all for your help.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
You could also consider the Intelligence Corps. 61 Military Intelligence Company are in Norman Road, Rusholme at the bottom of the Curry Mile. Bus routes go right past the end of the road.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Hello guys,

I'm just looking for some advice. I am looking to join the reserves around Manchester having just finished uni. I have used the search function already and had some of my queries answered. I am looking at 116 Provost RMP, D Troop 209 Battery 103 Regiment RA or Supply Squadron 156 (NW) RLC. Just for ease of access as I don't drive. However I would like to know the following:

1. Which reserve units around Manchester are active, i.e. courses, camps and tours etc,
2. Does anyone have any experience of these units, and know what they are like as I know units can be a mixed bag.
3. How does joining a unit in a support role work on exercise and courses e.g. chef as I know that's a different role to say artillery

Thank You all for your help.
Reserve units in the North West - British Army
Manchester
Special Forces 23 SAS (Manchester). Contact us: 0161 862 9237

Belle Vue
Manchester
M12 5PW
Infantry: D Company 4th Battalion The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment. Contact us: 0161 644 8911
Royal Artillery: D Troop 209 Battery 103 Regiment Royal Artillery. Contact us: 0161 230 6710
Royal Military Provost Service: Manchester Detachment 116 Provost Company 4 RMP. Contact us: 0161 230 7155 or 01962 887 887

Army Reserve Centre
Norman Rd
Manchester
M14 5LH
Military Intelligence: 61 MI Coy, 6 MI Bn. Contact us: 0161 257 3377
Royal Signals: 842 Troop 33 Signal Squadron 32 Signal Regiment. Contact us: 0151 481 4931

Kings Road
Manchester
M16 7RS
Army Medical Services: Regimental Headquarters 207 Field Hospital. Contact us: 0161 232 4985or 207hosp-rhq-roswo@mod.uk

Clifton
Manchester
M27 6TA
Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers: 127 Field Company 101 Force Support Battalion REME. Contact us: 0161 727 8117 or 01978 316 8190

2 Haldane Road
Salford
Manchester
M50 2TR
Royal Logistic Corps: 236 (Gtr Mcr) Supply Squadron 156 (NW) Transport Regiment RLC. Contact us: 0161 736 3930

202 Field Squadron,
75 Engineer Regt (V),
TA Centre Oldham Road,
Failsworth M35 0BH.

Tel: 0161 683 3200

Thank you for the information so far. Anyone know what these units are like?
There used to be some top lads/lasses in 116 Pro Coy when I worked in their Regimental HQ.

Thank you for the information so far. Anyone know what these units are like?
Every unit has its own distinct character if you will,but some things are common to all.
There is a real mix of people,some decent blokes(and girls), and some bellends. Thankfully,the latter are usually in the minority.
Roles.
Be under no illusion, the infantry is a hard,physical existence.
Intelligence would like you to have a useful skill,languages are the in thing right now.
REME prefer some kind of engineering experience (mechanic,welder etc)but not always.
A lot of medics are NHS and suchlike. Again though,not always.
I could go on but I think you get the picture.
Visit the units,see what you think,make your decision.
Best of luck,mate.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bit of a long shot but - anyone on this thread from Rusholme?

Fusilier Walter Vickers
Walter Vickers was the son of Walter Vickers and Maggie Straker. He was born in April 1921 in Rusholme, Manchester. His last known address was listed as Boynton Road, Rusholme. We believe from our initial research that Walter had 3 brothers and 3 sisters: Bernard, James, Geoffrey, Nita, Lorna and Elva. Once again, the JCCC believe that the descendants of these siblings could still be living in the Manchester area.

Now an appeal has been launched by the MOD’s JCCC to track down either of these men’s surviving male relatives so that they can be invited to undertake a DNA test to prove whether the remains are theirs. If positive identifications can be made, they will be given a full military burial in Italy with a named headstone.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You could also consider the Intelligence Corps. 61 Military Intelligence Company are in Norman Road, Rusholme at the bottom of the Curry Mile. Bus routes go right past the end of the road.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
I thought you would mention a certain outfit around the Old Trafford area is looking for new recruits.:slow:

Latest Threads