(Reserves) ADC & MTDs.

Bikini_Black

Old-Salt
Chaps, Chapettes,

When a Reservist undertakes an ADC contract at the maximum 207 days, can he/she then put in and claim MTDs alongside?

Some sources seem to indicate that one CAN do 207 days ADC for the day-job and still get full MTDs on top, but other sources seem to suggest that the 207 is a global limit, that is, both 'pots' combined shall not exceed 207 in total in any given 12 months.

Looking for a pukka, de-facto answer here from an SME, if you would be so kind as to indulge me.

Regards,

BB.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

F

Flash Back

If you've not found out in a week ask me again. Finding out will involve digging thru my old payslips & paperwork.

I did 6mth ADC and had oddles of MTD's on top in 2010/11.

Bonobo_Boy

Old-Salt
That includes your termination leave, which if you do the full 207 days is roughly 7 days.
You also are supposed to get Bank holidays paid.

That includes your termination leave, which if you do the full 207 days is roughly 7 days.
You also are supposed to get Bank holidays paid.
So, potentially another 10-11 days pay on top? Not a bad deal, especially if you are an ex-Regular drawing your pension...

M

Mr_Logic

Bikini Black, I know others have already answered but it is 207 MTDs if you are in a Regional AR unit and 199 MTDs in a National AR unit. We had this confirmed a while ago from the authority at Army HQ. I am uncertain how the paid leave bit works but your SPS staff will be able to answer now the policy is out. To exceed 207 MTDs you need to be either on FTRS or mobilised on current TA Regs. You would think that now that the Govt have rolled over on pensions and paid leave for MTDs this limit would have been removed, but as at a couple of months ago they were absolute limits that could not be exceeded. You may hear examples of senior AR officers exceeding limit, but for mere mortals, it isn't allowed, or so the RHQ cleaner tells me.

Bikini_Black

Old-Salt
Bikini Black, I know others have already answered but it is 207 MTDs if you are in a Regional AR unit and 199 MTDs in a National AR unit. We had this confirmed a while ago from the authority at Army HQ. I am uncertain how the paid leave bit works but your SPS staff will be able to answer now the policy is out. To exceed 207 MTDs you need to be either on FTRS or mobilised on current TA Regs. You would think that now that the Govt have rolled over on pensions and paid leave for MTDs this limit would have been removed, but as at a couple of months ago they were absolute limits that could not be exceeded. You may hear examples of senior AR officers exceeding limit, but for mere mortals, it isn't allowed, or so the RHQ cleaner tells me.

ok thanks for that.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If im on a VTOD contract but for the past 3 years have worked in excess of 260 days, what rights do I have?
I'm not an expert but my understanding is that essentially you're on a Zero hours contract. The army could stop employing you if it doesn't need you. No notice, no need to explain.

By the way it might be a good idea to pick a nom-de-guerre rather than your own name.

Latest Threads