Reserve Turn up Rates

Hi i thinking about joining the Reserves as an officer however i recently read an article (linked below) stating that attendance rates are incredibly low, can any reservist confirm or deny this? has it changed recently? Thank you

Army reserve units are 'woefully undermanned say whistleblowers | Daily Mail Online

That's a while ago.
Published: 17:07 GMT, 3 January 2016 | Updated: 05:00 GMT, 4 January 2016

What part of the country are you in and what do you want to do?

As reservist officer standards at the Selction board are now the same as regular, why not go the whole hog?

tiny_recy_mac

Old-Salt
It is entirely up to you how much you attend or don't. All units are different, we have a core of about 20 very regular attenders, attending about 80%+ of events, 30 or so regular attenders, say 60% plus, some bounty hunters on the bare minimum and a few never shows for various reasons including work and home commitments.

The main factors affecting attendance as I see it are home/work commitments, quality of training and communication of up coming events. Best thing to do is visit a few local units during a drill night/weekend and see for yourself.

It was in the Daily Mail the paper that loves to drill a story to death.
But reserves have other jobs so unlike the regular army turn up when they can.

If you are interested in infantry, go along to 4 Mercian. if you've got what it takes to be an officer, they will help and support you through the process.
Other units are available in the area
Reserve units in the Midlands - British Army

If you're worried about how many other blokes will be there, I question your motivation for attempting a Commission.

The_Duke

LE
If you're worried about how many other blokes will be there, I question your motivation for attempting a Commission.
I don’t. The commissioning process is a significant time commitment. Why wouldn’t you want to check that there is something worthwhile at the end of it?

I don’t. The commissioning process is a significant time commitment. Why wouldn’t you want to check that there is something worthwhile at the end of it?

I still question it but a) its friday and I fancy a Peroni, and b) you're bigger than me

I am in an infantry unit in London. We regularly have just over platoon strength on drill nights and on weekends. In addition we often have about the same going through the recruitment process coming out on a drill night as well. There is another infantry unit in London that, from what I am told, does not do quite as well so I guess it depends on where ya go.