Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reserve training

Fhaggis

Swinger
Hi

couple of questions about training to join the reserves;

i thought and according to the website its;

assessment centre, then Alpha bravo a week each then you join up with your regiment etc

but was on a zoom meeting call with other potential recruits, sgts etc and he said (wasn't the best line) that after A/ B its 3 weeks combat training?

cant find anything about this online or is this 3 weeks combat training mixed in with your unit etc?

also said that we could be paid for verified physical training on our own? cant seem to find anything about this either? i know we can get paid for PT before training but i took this as something separate?

cheers

Why not ask the unit you're thinking about?

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
Some units are paying a 1/4 days pay per week for doing 2 hours of PT in your own time, it's only temporary as a lot of reserve training and drill nights are cancelled due to Covid so don't expect it to be permanent.

I've claimed 1/2 a days pay since we went back, due to doing plenty phys in my own time, money for old rope.

OP - Alpha = 7 days consolidated or 4 weekends spread over 8 weeks. Then Bravo which is 16 days, that concludes Phase 1.

Phase 2 is unit specific training which you will do depending on the unit you join.

Hi

couple of questions about training to join the reserves;

i thought and according to the website its;

assessment centre, then Alpha bravo a week each then you join up with your regiment etc

but was on a zoom meeting call with other potential recruits, sgts etc and he said (wasn't the best line) that after A/ B its 3 weeks combat training?

cant find anything about this online or is this 3 weeks combat training mixed in with your unit etc?

also said that we could be paid for verified physical training on our own? cant seem to find anything about this either? i know we can get paid for PT before training but i took this as something separate?

cheers
Recruit training depends on your capbadge. Alpha is four weekends (modular), or a week (consolidated). Bravo is two weeks either at a regular depot under regular instructors, or at a Reserve ATU under reserve instructors. The course is the same, whichever you do. Alpha and Bravo are common to all arms. There is also the three week, so called Zero to Hero. This is Alpha and Bravo done consecutively. If you are infantry you will then go to Catterick for two weeks to complete the Combat Infantry Course under regular, infantry instructors.

DBarnett

Swinger
Recruit training depends on your capbadge. Alpha is four weekends (modular), or a week (consolidated). Bravo is two weeks either at a regular depot under regular instructors, or at a Reserve ATU under reserve instructors. The course is the same, whichever you do. Alpha and Bravo are common to all arms. There is also the three week, so called Zero to Hero. This is Alpha and Bravo done consecutively. If you are infantry you will then go to Catterick for two weeks to complete the Combat Infantry Course under regular, infantry instructors.

Are they only offering consolidated for Alpha at the moment due to covid? Also think there's a new requirement for an eight week PT course to be complete between Alpha and Bravo to then pass your loaded march.

Are they only offering consolidated for Alpha at the moment due to covid? Also think there's a new requirement for an eight week PT course to be complete between Alpha and Bravo to then pass your loaded march.
I dunno, I'm now a fat civvy. My last job was recruit training, I can only tell you my own experience.

Fhaggis

Swinger
Had this confirmed so thought I’d post incase any confusion.

3 training options for reserves.
You need to do Alpha 7 days and then Bravo 15 days, options are

22 days consecutively and do both.

do alpha over 4 weekends then the 15 days bravo

also a new hybrid where you do alpha thu-Sunday one week then Thursday to Sunday the week after then your 15 days bravo.

Had this confirmed so thought I’d post incase any confusion.

3 training options for reserves.
You need to do Alpha 7 days and then Bravo 15 days, options are

22 days consecutively and do both.

do alpha over 4 weekends then the 15 days bravo

also a new hybrid where you do alpha thu-Sunday one week then Thursday to Sunday the week after then your 15 days bravo.
This is ideal, of rather get it smashed and move along nicely then to phase 2. I get an extra 10 days paid leave off work so saves me trying to fit it all in before the end of my annual leave allocation.

Latest Threads