Reserve to regular transfer (Not FTRS)

Currently been in an infantry reserve unit for just under a year (phase 1 A/B and CIC completed) but I’m looking to transfer to the regular inf, been given the option to the full CIC course or transfer straight into a regular battalion after a few weeks beat up by my current reserve unit. Just wondering what you lot think is the best idea in the long run.

Boxy

GCM
Personally, I’d go through CIC again, that way you’d have a heads up of what’s going to happen during it, you’ll meet a bunch of new guys going to the same Bn so you won’t be the only one to tip up at Bn and you’ll not have the stigma of only doing a STAB CIC...

Currently been in an infantry reserve unit for just under a year (phase 1 A/B and CIC completed) but I’m looking to transfer to the regular inf, been given the option to the full CIC course or transfer straight into a regular battalion after a few weeks beat up by my current reserve unit. Just wondering what you lot think is the best idea in the long run.
I know at least three people in our battalion who went straight from reserve to regular without any dramas, and one more that stayed on after FTRS.

That said, all of them had more time under their belt, and three of them transferred as LCpls rather than bods.

Depending on your age and your long-term plans, it won't hurt you to do regular CIC. To be honest, as a brand new bod, your stock is not going to be high regardless of how you got there. If your fitness is up to scratch, I'd say flip a coin.

Personally, I’d go through CIC again, that way you’d have a heads up of what’s going to happen during it, you’ll meet a bunch of new guys going to the same Bn so you won’t be the only one to tip up at Bn and you’ll not have the stigma of only doing a STAB CIC...
Yeah those are my thoughts as well just thought I’d get a second opinion from arrse.

I know at least three people in our battalion who went straight from reserve to regular without any dramas, and one more that stayed on after FTRS.

That said, all of them had more time under their belt, and three of them transferred as LCpls rather than bods.

Depending on your age and your long-term plans, it won't hurt you to do regular CIC. To be honest, as a brand new bod, your stock is not going to be high regardless of how you got there. If your fitness is up to scratch, I'd say flip a coin.
I’m still fairly young so with the amount experience I’ve got I’m thinking regular CIC is probably the best way forward.

Latest Threads