I’ve been in the infantry reserve for little over a year now and was wondering if anyone has any info on transferring to regs I.e. how much training I will need to do if any... looking at joining artillery of that makes any difference?

Any info appreciated


Book Reviewer
Or do a tour and sufficently impress to be asked to stay in? Or has that gate closed now?
Cant see being able to do that and change capbadge though?
surprised about that, obviously understand having to do phase 2 (the trade training) but having been on so many exercises and training courses thought there would be some leeway

Cheers for the reply
1) Identify a vacancy on the OAVL
2) Print off instructions. Keep one for you and do a second in case your CoC need it.
3) Follow instructions

At this point all the relevant paperwork goes to Glasgow, and they decide whether it’s a straight transfer, transfer but revert in rank, retrain, etc.

Source: one of my blokes that did this last year.
Cheers for the reply,

How do I get access to oavl ? Armynet?

I remember reading it at home, so yes, it must be on armynet somewhere. That said, it might have migrated to Defence Gateway, in which case try the MSWeb section.

Latest Threads