Reserve Soldier to Officer

Hi,

I'm wondering has anyone been through this process and can let me know if you start Officer training on Mod B as you've already completed Phase 1?

Thanks.

It is my understanding that all reserve officers start as reserve soldiers currently, but I have been known to be wrong (with unerring regularity) in the past :)

Cheopp

Swinger
You can join direct as a Reserve Officer, @CAARPS. The process is similar in that you go to the same basic selection event (medical, fitness), get sworn in and signed on as untrained strength, but instead of doing Phase 1 and Phase 2 soldier training you instead do Mod A and Mod B officer training at an OTC then Mods C and D at Sandhurst.

NootNootAF sorry, don't know the answer to yours. What I do know is that the modules you're required to undertake are arranged in agreement between your unit and the local OTC, so if you feel you'd be wasted on Mod A I'd chat to your unit about it and see what they think. It's not set in stone (as I understand it) for Mods A and B: the only 100% non-negotiable bits are the 2 Sandhurst modules.

Hi,

I'm wondering has anyone been through this process and can let me know if you start Officer training on Mod B as you've already completed Phase 1?

Thanks.
Ph1A and B = Mod A so the next step will be Mod B. Make sure your unit looks into getting you to Sandhurst Champion before AOSB Brief as it's a dummy run which doesn't count.

AOSB Main must be passed before you can do Mod C.

Sandhurst Champion may be in flux at the mo as the reserve who grafted like fcuk to set it up in the face of stiff opposition by RMAS has been sacked so RMAS can take it over. That alone should tell you all you need to know about regular officers climbing their slippery pole and building empires.

Latest Threads