Reserve Regiment advice

Morning all,

I've recently submitted my reserve application and I am now at the stage of picking the right regiment for me. My CSM has advised me of 3 PWRR located on the south coast in Brighton as this is the closest to my postcode, however I am massively interested in the inteligence corps 72 mi coy which is in Southampton. Brighton via car is 1 hour, Southampton via car is 1.25-1.5 hours away from my postcode. I'm not really bothered about the distance of either, for me it's more about picking the right move.

A little bit of background on myself... I'm 28, in a long term relationship with the mrs, no kids (yet), in an average paid 9-5 job currently with Wednesdays off (this may change as I am in the process of finding a 'better' paid civy job), average fitness, above average strength.

The advice i'm after is regarding what move is better for me considering my circumstances, essentially; 3 PWRR or 72 MI COY?

Hope this is enough info and someone out there has previous experience that could help me! :)

King regards

Sam

Go and visit both. Pick the one which appeals to you more.

Go and visit both. Pick the one which appeals to you more.
Cheers, that's what I am planning to do anyway. Was just interested in other peoples opinions.

Also consider your physical robustness, a 28 year old buckshee in a rifle platoon or a 28 year old int op in a tent!
That's what my 28 year old brain is telling me, I'm glad you brought that up. The sensible half of my brain is telling me that int corp would be more beneficial both physically and long term for civy life but the other half is telling me to just go for it with inf.

Thanks guys

Cheers, that's what I am planning to do anyway. Was just interested in other peoples opinions.

That's what my 28 year old brain is telling me, I'm glad you brought that up. The sensible half of my brain is telling me that int corp would be more beneficial both physically and long term for civy life but the other half is telling me to just go for it with inf.

Thanks guys
Depends what you do / want to do in civvy life but If you are looking to re-skill or up-armour a related civilian carrear I would recommend 7MI.

INT Corps, BTW.