Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve -Photographer

C

celtic323

Is there anyone on here who's been or is a photographer within the army as a reserve, as I'm looking to join as a photographer and wondered what the job entails and how many weeks you have to work and train per year?

Media Ops part of 77 Bde might be an option if you've a media background. As far as I can tell from Army Photographers on Facebook, that steam is only open to regulars following a selection process, many were formally capbadged something else.

I knew and worked with a fair few Army and RAF phot's, but never heard of a reservist role.......have things changed?

2ndpreimage

Old-Salt
I know two, both who've been on operations, I'll ask what the current story is and get back the thread. One was already in the Army Reserve, one joined specifically to do it.

When I was an SPSI one of the full screws was a keen amateur photographer, decent lad with a couple of tours under his belt. He was used as the Regimental photographer all the time so myself and the PSAO got him on a course . I noticed the last time I read the Soldier comic that he was credited with a few pics in that particular edition.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Last edited:
C

celtic323

I knew and worked with a fair few Army and RAF phot's, but never heard of a reservist role.......have things changed?
I don't know if it's a reservists role or not the army jobs Facebook page can't seem to tell me, so I thought someone here might be able to help.

The kit is G10. The course at DSOP is run by Crab Air and it's top notch. It's not just happy snaps. It's vid production and much more.

C

celtic323

The kit is G10. The course at DSOP is run by Crab Air and it's top notch. It's not just happy snaps. It's vid production and much more.
Mainly interested in the photography side as I've done a photography course already, do you know if you have to supply your own equipment I.e. camera etc.?

Mainly interested in the photography side as I've done a photography course already, do you know if you have to supply your own equipment I.e. camera etc.?
G10 means the kit is issued. If the job entails shooting video- that’s what you’ll be expected to do. It seems that you want the job to fit in with your requirements. If such a sought-after job did come up, I’d expect it would be inundated with candidates who would put their civvy life on hold in order to do it.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Seconded. Celtic, the clue is in the (V) part of the unit name. (V) standing for volunteer.

I would suggest your best bet is to join a local Army Reserve Unit first, see if the military life really appeals, then put your bid in to join MoG(V). Did you follow the link I gave?

How old are you ?

C

celtic323

Seconded. Celtic, the clue is in the (V) part of the unit name. (V) standing for volunteer.

I would suggest your best bet is to join a local Army Reserve Unit first, see if the military life really appeals, then put your bid in to join MoG(V). Did you follow the link I gave?

How old are you ?

Followed link sounds interesting and i'm 29.

Latest Threads