Reserve phase 1A and 1B and Phase 2 training.

As of Jan 2015 Phase 1A will be 4 weekends or 7 day consolidated followed by 16 day phase 1B then onto 16 day phase 2.

There were signs up at the TA Centre today and the recruit staff said that this is the case.

The MoD has not changed their web site yet so I thought I would give all those looking to join a heads up in regard to the new training schedule.

I dunno where you will be sent. I am in London and will be sent to the places I mentioned. I figure they will send you somewhere in Scotland for phase 1 A and B then Catterick if you are doing infantry. From what I have been told, you cant to weekends any more except for phase 1A.

Cool. January is the month i can re apply. I am sure it will take as long as it did last time with all the medical stuff etc. i am joining rlc as a driver. So my trade training wil b all the driving courses etc

Remind us what it is at the moment. I thought it was 2 weekends, a week, followed by 2 weeks for Phase 1?

fusilier50

War Hero
From January 2015- Phase 1 (A) Training 4 weekends or 10day consolidated course. Phase 1 (B) Training 15.5 days. Phase 2 Training 15 days

Does anyone have dates for Pirbright's first Phase 1 (A) in January?

Just passed my selection this week and S/Maj wants me on ASAP but can't get hold of him at the mo.

Purple_Emperor

War Hero
From January 2015- Phase 1 (A) Training 4 weekends or 10day consolidated course. Phase 1 (B) Training 15.5 days. Phase 2 Training 15 days
(A) 4 weekends or a 7 day course, not 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple_Emperor

War Hero
Does anyone have dates for Pirbright's first Phase 1 (A) in January?

Just passed my selection this week and S/Maj wants me on ASAP but can't get hold of him at the mo.
Speak to your Candidate Support Manager. Only they can book you onto your course.

Purple_Emperor

War Hero
Because it is their job to get people from enquiry through to loaded on training.

wormdoo

Crow
I'm booked on for the consolidated Phase 1(A) at Pirbright in Feb. Do you think there's any advantage for either consolidated or weekends? Im conscious of the fact that I'll have to turn up 100% ready as there won't be chance to improve things like fitness over time like you could doing weekends.

The_Duke

LE
I'm booked on for the consolidated Phase 1(A) at Pirbright in Feb. Do you think there's any advantage for either consolidated or weekends? Im conscious of the fact that I'll have to turn up 100% ready as there won't be chance to improve things like fitness over time like you could doing weekends.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Weekends:

Pros - Chance to recover and improve fitness throughout the course, ability for remedial training between sessions for slower learners, better for those with limited ability to take blocks of time off work, get into the habit of weekend training.

Cons - Missing a weekend sets you back, skill fade between weekends, lack of consistency of instructors.

Consolidated:

Pros - Consistency of training and approach, better chance to build a team with fellow recruits

Cons - Not suitable for all candidates due to time constraints, no chance to catch up on phys or skills for those struggling, "shock of capture".

So what? An organisation with the real desire to grow their Reserve would ensure that both options are retained, staffed and supported to allow the greatest chance of success.

wormdoo

Crow
Ok, that's reassuring. I just need to have my shit together and be prepared to knuckle down for a week.

I couldn't imagine doing all this on weekends. The whole enlistment process takes long enough as it is. Anyway the course is a cake walk. No big deal with the fitness either. The food is good but you will turn into a fart monster.

Latest Threads