Reserve pay more than civilian role

Hi all,

Apologies if this is elsewhere but have only been able to find out about reserve pay being matched up to civilian pay. I was wanting to know what happens in the event that your pay whilst in a reserve role works out more than what you’d get in your civilian ‘full time’ job?
Thanks I’m advance

Bob65

Old-Salt
I was wanting to know what happens in the event that your pay whilst in a reserve role works out more than what you’d get in your civilian ‘full time’ job?
If you are compulsory mobilised then your pay will be the higher of your civilian salary or the Army day rate for your rank, capped at some ludicrous figure (very few people will hit that cap). If you are on FTRS then you will be paid the Army pay rate and your previous civilian salary will be irrelevant.

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
Apologies if this is elsewhere but have only been able to find out about reserve pay being matched up to civilian pay. I was wanting to know what happens in the event that your pay whilst in a reserve role works out more than what you’d get in your civilian ‘full time’ job?
Well, it's obvious, isn't it? You'll have to hand back the difference, with interest plus penalty charges.

...no, more seriously, if you're being mobilised, you'll get the rate for the rank, or if you can show your civilian pay was higher you'll get that rate. If your day job pays less than the Army, then this time you're dipping in instead of dipping out.

If it's a FTRS role then the pay for the role is what it is - if you like it take it, if you don't then don't. I know some people who've stepped up a fair bit in salary by landing FTRS jobs, others who took a pay cut from their civilian life because it was convenient, interesting and/or filled a gap between civilian jobs.

I have inherited some money here in Nigeria and i need your help most trusted and favoured fiend. if you give me your bank details i will transfer the sum of €1000000 to your account and you may keep €10000for your trouble

Latest Threads