Reserve or Regular

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll keep it as short as possible.

I'm a 33 year old female. I attended assessment last week and passed with an grade A. Currently my application is for reserves (wishing to join my local Royal Armoured unit.) However I am now convinced I want to join full time as all my reservations about being too old are gone.
Having spoke to my local careers office and my CSM they have suggested doing so in different ways.
Option 1. Continue with my Reserve application and once through my Alpha and Bravo request a transfer.
Option 2. Change my application to full time now and join in the traditional manner.

I wish to join as an RMP (which I have achieved the standard at assessment to do.) The careers office have informed me they can load me onto Phase 1 January 2020 if I am to change now.

I have a few hesitations in going down the Reserve transfer route. A. Because the unit would have put effort into getting me through the course for their own sake and I'd feel disloyal. B. In case I am not able to transfer to RMP at the point of trying. I have heard its fairly difficult to transfer.

Any advice or experience is greatly appreciated.

Join as a Regular....fantastic life. Rich in experience, you will never regret it.
When did you leave? Do you know anyone still in?

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Option 1. Continue with my Reserve application and once through my Alpha and Bravo request a transfer.
Option 2. Change my application to full time now and join in the traditional manner.
Option 2. Change your application to full-time, the Reserve will just be a diversion from your main effort. Just focus on what it is that you actually want.