Reserve Officer recruitment process question

Hello

I have applied for the above position and just been handed over to my CSM, shes outlined the process etc but I just wanted to ask some questions:

1. if you have your GCSE + Alevel certs present, do you need to sit the literacy and numerical tests at the 2 day assessment?

2. I have been told that once you complete your 2 day assessment and then 'Attest' you are then part of your unit officially, but does that then mean you must attend drill nights and weekend training sessions? or can you join in principle (obviously you would do the odd drill night and keep up appearances etc)

The second question is based on my personal circs at present, another words I was hoping to complete all the courses and by the time I passed MB I would be in a better position then to have time to work the weekends and the drill nights.

Hello

I have applied for the above position and just been handed over to my CSM, shes outlined the process etc but I just wanted to ask some questions:

1. if you have your GCSE + Alevel certs present, do you need to sit the literacy and numerical tests at the 2 day assessment?

2. I have been told that once you complete your 2 day assessment and then 'Attest' you are then part of your unit officially, but does that then mean you must attend drill nights and weekend training sessions? or can you join in principle (obviously you would do the odd drill night and keep up appearances etc)

The second question is based on my personal circs at present, another words I was hoping to complete all the courses and by the time I passed MB I would be in a better position then to have time to work the weekends and the drill nights.
I went through assessment in Oct, no you dont have to sit them if you have you certs.

I will say that being part of a unit essentially means they sponsor you through the process, and mine have been invaluable in helping me with the officer selection process- i got a cat 1 in my briefing tuesday and its largely down to the support given to me by the recruiters there and the resources they can provide. I wouldnt write it off as something you feel is beneath you. Drill nights are a good way to meet the troop, get stuck in to PT, we've done plan ex's etc etc.

Good luck!

I went through assessment in Oct, no you dont have to sit them if you have you certs.

I will say that being part of a unit essentially means they sponsor you through the process, and mine have been invaluable in helping me with the officer selection process- i got a cat 1 in my briefing tuesday and its largely down to the support given to me by the recruiters there and the resources they can provide. I wouldnt write it off as something you feel is beneath you. Drill nights are a good way to meet the troop, get stuck in to PT, we've done plan ex's etc etc.

Good luck!
good sound advice that.
Thanks

Latest Threads