Reserve jobs advice

Hi there, i'm looking at joining the Army reserves and could do with some info.

My local AR place is a medical unit but on their facebook page they also advertise for non medical jobs (driver, chef, logistics etc)
So how does it work then if you want to join a medical unit like this in a non clinical role?

For example if i wanted to join as a driver, would i have to join an RLC unit first then once fully trained up transfer to this unit?
Or would i just join this unit straight away and do driver training elsewhere?

Also can someone joining as an HCA go on to do nursing through the reserves?

Apologies for the bone Q's!

My local AR place is a medical unit but on their facebook page they also advertise for non medical jobs (driver, chef, logistics etc)
So how does it work then if you want to join a medical unit like this in a non clinical role?

For example if i wanted to join as a driver, would i have to join an RLC unit first then once fully trained up transfer to this unit?

Neither of your questions are bone, in fact they are perfectly sensible. My honest advice is this: ask the recruiting staff at your prospective unit, after all it is their job to support you through the recruiting process. They will be able to give you 100% accurate answers so that you are making a fully informed decision. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

No bone Q's.

Mostly - a unit will be made up of different trades and cap-badges.

You can join the unit at that location but will actually join the cap-badge / regiment of your chosen trade, and your training will be conducted by that particular cap-badge but you will still be managed by, parade and exercise with your chosen unit.

i.e. you could be a RLC driver in a Medical Squadron at the ARC you chose to join, the same happens with Medics attached to the RLC etc - they are badged RAMC and their training is completed as a Medic but they are part of an RLC unit. You have no requirement to transfer.

Hi again all,

I looked into the reserve medical unit near me and i found out there is actually a medical regiment and a field hospital based at that location.

As i do not have any clinical experience or quals i would most likely be looking at the CMT role.

Can i just ask what the roles/responsibilities are for a CMT in a med regiment compared to one in a FH?

I'm leaning more towards the Field Hospital unit as it looks interesting but having tried the search function on here the only threads i could find were pretty vague on the subject.