Reserve Forces Deployment - latest statistics

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by hackle, Oct 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry, can't easily cut and paste the table of statistics, but the latest available figures for mobilised Reserve Forces deployments and tasks can be found in this Parliamentary Written Answer of 17/10/07: LINK (theyworkforyou.com). Quite interesting to read between the lines.

2. Interesting statistics.

Wonder if they count the regular reserve in the TA column. Everyone mentions reservists in regards to the TA these days.

3. Rumour has it Op TOSCA will be a TA task soon?

4. more than a rumour my friend. we have already been warned off for our deployment to the island. wont be posting any dates on this forum for the usual reasons

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

What are they? Worried about all of the good sunbeds being taken? Shortage of factor 15? AQ activity to sabotage the windsurfers?

FFS

6. and there is a very likely possibility of 3 month tours to appeal to more.

7. Where can I get info?

8. never heard of the three month tour but i have signed up for the full tour, no point in going through the mobilisation process and all the training for three months, go for the full term. i have already packed all my suncream duke so wont need to buy any over there.
    pm me dark if you want dates and deployments and training phases.

9. Thought it would have been more than that given the size of the TA.

10. Well, in March 2003 there were just under 5,000 "reservists" deployed to the Gulf theatre alone. (LINK) Perhaps someone could find more recent figures quite quickly via that link.

11. Brucewillis,

why would you think more? If we take aprox 10,000 tps between TELIC and HERRICK and we have 740 deployed (7.4% of the force) Thats not a small figure. Not when you think how many of the Reservists have already been deployed over the last 4+ years!

Also the figures were for "Voluntary Reservists" not sure if Regular Reservists count in that figure as they get dicked rather than volunter in a lot of cases.

12. That's because they want to sweep that under the rug.