Reserve Forces Commando Course (RFCC)

Can anyone tell me the DCI reference for the RFCC?
I want to know what the requirements are to bid, dates, sponsors etc.
Now I know this will be under Navy read RM auspices but I just need the document ref and I can get the rest!

Thanks for offering a lead - -kind of.

I am confident that if I meet the criteria (in the DCI) then my chain of command will take the appropriate action. I simply want to do my homework before I make the approach.

Look - I hope I'm not appearing to be difficult here - all I want is the DCI so I can look up the criteria. I'm sure your comments are well meant but loading me on the course is not my concern (or yours) right now.

What is the DCI reference for RFCC?

If you can't answer the question then please don't feel you need to respond.

crossbelt said:
Look - I hope I'm not appearing to be difficult here - all I want is the DCI so I can look up the criteria. I'm sure your comments are well meant but loading me on the course is not my concern (or yours) right now.

What is the DCI reference for RFCC?

If you can't answer the question then please don't feel you need to respond.
I know it and am happy to give it you, but first I require full colour footage of you succesfully completing a 30ft rope climb, carrying out a re-gain on your ma's washing line and firing ten rounds, landing 6, at a Fig 11 with an air rifle after running to the shops and back....

The RFCC is a course for RMR and do not accept other arms etc IIRC.

Are you trying to achieve the dagger Crossbelt and is it not clear what your objs are. A lot of us can help but we need a clear question first

HH

hairyhandbag said:
The RFCC is a course for RMR and do not accept other arms etc IIRC.

Are you trying to achieve the dagger Crossbelt and is it not clear what your objs are. A lot of us can help but we need a clear question first

HH
Funny that - I wonder how 131 qualify, and why they are pushing it to the TA Rifles so hard just now?

131 are Commando Engineers ( = clue ) and its not being pushed at TA Rifles.

Not all Commandos are Marines - eg, 29 Regiment RA.

Bravo_Bravo said:
131 are Commando Engineers ( = clue ) and its not being pushed at TA Rifles.

Not all Commandos are Marines - eg, 29 Regiment RA.
Our unit IS encouraged to undertake the course and we are rifles. Perhaps because one of our antecedent regiments (the 35th of foot) were original formed as Marines in 1704 so they think we have a closer afinity than you Northern boys?! :wink:

Well thats told me.

How long since you completed CSMT, by the way?

Bravo_Bravo said:
Well thats told me.

How long since you completed CSMT, by the way?
Sorry Bravo, having re-read my post I realise I am very close to resembling a pompous cnut! :oops: No offence intended :wink:

Alright Fellas
theres a decent thread over on rumration re this-
for what its worth heres my twopenneth

The RFCC is not a teach course - the RMR recruits that attend the course have completed a years+ training and several confimation tests designed to give them a good chance of passing the course.
the main stumbling block for NON RMR is the bottom field and the rope work - which is fairly technical and requires a lot of practice.
there isnt time on the course to teach these skills hence the very high failure rate of non RMR ranks.
it is not just a case of i am "mega fit " so ill turn up and give it a crack - there is a lot more to it as those that have been there will know.
for example an RNR Doc who wants to serve with Cdo forces will have to do the full RMR sylabus before he is allowed to attempt the RFCC
for those ranks who are being encouraged to attend the course then my advice would be not to attempt it unless you have completed sufficient preparation and at least an RMR confirmation weekend at CTCRM
Ill stand by for any incoming !!

Quote:

"....hence the very high failure rate of non RMR ranks."

Unfortunately you are wrong. It is actually a TA unit which has the highest percentage pass rate on the RFCC.

Your post is correct though, in that the fittest, strongest person could not turn up and pass with no prior rope work, due to the nature of the bottom field tests.

And no, I am not going to provide any evidence or get drawn into a discussion!

......and that would be 131, due to the fact that there are numerous mandatory weekends which every hopeful must complete along with getting the training teams' recommendation before being allowed anywhere near the course. All of 131 TACs have ropes (horiz and vert).
I concur with the advice that even the fittest will not pass without prior ropework training (that extra 20lbs makes it more about technique than strength esp when saturated from the bottom field!)

Latest Threads