Reselection of a fraudster

I assume that they think they'll lose the seat whatever, put him up for it and he'll own the defeat

Then they can blame the loss on him rather than the Liberals or the Brexit Party winning the seat

But then I'm a cynical old codger...

You're a cynical old codger
Will that do?

But back to the OP: it seems that the local Conservatives haven't understood how Reputational Risk is primus inter pares and that companies and institutions will defend to their last breath their reputations, because it affects almost every other activity and transaction.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I assume that they think they'll lose the seat whatever, put him up for it and he'll own the defeat

Then they can blame the loss on him rather than the Liberals or the Brexit Party winning the seat

But then I'm a cynical old codger...
I don't see how that works following a re-selection - the party as a whole owns that decision.

It's a really dumb move unless the entire local party membership is about to defect to the Brexit Party en masse. :-D

From the BBC website:

"He's made a mistake. He's apologised for the mistake," Glyn Davies told BBC Sunday Politics Wales.

So, it would appear that making an apology is the new way to receive forgiveness for unaceptable and criminal behaviour's.

A week or so ago I remember Boris apologising to someone at one of the gatherings. His spology was for a mere 20 years worth of either casutic, or derogatory comments aimed at a particular SEG, or ethnic group.................."That's fine, you've publicly assailed and abused them for 20 years but, an apology make's it all good and you can now be their PM".

Seriously, these effete, self promoting, limp-wristed, former biscuit game playing, public schoolboy's should be battered into their place. Telling us oik's that it's "all good now", they didn't really mean to belittle and offend us..........please can they be an over indulged, expense account fiddling, MP, or better yet, PM.

From the BBC website:

"He's made a mistake. He's apologised for the mistake," Glyn Davies told BBC Sunday Politics Wales.

So, it would appear that making an apology is the new way to receive forgiveness for unaceptable and criminal behaviour's.

A week or so ago I remember Boris apologising to someone at one of the gatherings. His spology was for a mere 20 years worth of either casutic, or derogatory comments aimed at a particular SEG, or ethnic group.................."That's fine, you've publicly assailed and abused them for 20 years but, an apology make's it all good and you can now be their PM".

Seriously, these effete, self promoting, limp-wristed, former biscuit game playing, public schoolboy's should be battered into their place. Telling us oik's that it's "all good now", they didn't really mean to belittle and offend us..........please can they be an over indulged, expense account fiddling, MP, or better yet, PM.
Could he be a reformed character?

Could he be a reformed character?
Sorry it took so long to reply, I fell off my chair laughing.

As an aside:

I have a nephew, lovely young man (too much biscuit game when he was at Eton), he has spent the last 6, or 7 years wheedling his way up the rank's of his local Conservative club, association, or whatever it is they call it. Starting as a leaflet deliverer he has now worked his way up to local chairman, via the treasurers post. He is the sort that would piss on you and tell you it is raining, and he is hoping to stand as a candidate in future years..........I never trusted him when he was a spoiled, lying 5 year old, and I don't trust him now.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I fell off my chair laughing.

As an aside:

I have a nephew, lovely young man (too much biscuit game when he was at Eton), he has spent the last 6, or 7 years wheedling his way up the rank's of his local Conservative club, association, or whatever it is they call it. Starting as a leaflet deliverer he has now worked his way up to local chairman, via the treasurers post. He is the sort that would piss on you and tell you it is raining, and he is hoping to stand as a candidate in future years..........I never trusted him when he was a spoiled, lying 5 year old, and I don't trust him now.
Don't trust any "^*" that wants to be an MP

I believe him, I am sure he has learnt from this embarrassing episode and will continue to do sterling work for his constituents, party and country.

I think the LDs will win it back,there's nothing that says FU to the voters quite like putting a convicted thief back up for election.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why shouldn't he stand again, he only got a fine and community service, not 3 months jail like the Peterborough specimen. It's not as if all 10,005 signers of the petition were Conservative, I'm guessing a lot were disgruntled Lab/LD/Greens etc who just wanted rid of a Tory MP as their elected representative.

Why shouldn't he stand again, he only got a fine and community service, not 3 months jail like the Peterborough specimen. It's not as if all 10,005 signers of the petition were Conservative, I'm guessing a lot were disgruntled Lab/LD/Greens etc who just wanted rid of a Tory MP as their elected representative.
Because he's a recently convicted thief?

From the BBC website:

Your post was eaten by feral apostrophes.

Did it say "Tory=bad", by any chance?

From the BBC website:

it's better than using a hairstyle as an excuse

They've made a choice, if it comes back to bite them they'll have egg on their faces if not then they'll announce they chose the right candidate.

Unless it's a similar type of constituency to the normal Labour ones where a pig wearing a red rosette wins everytime, I think they may have chosen poorly.