Researcher Wanted: ARRSE Gallery Options

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

As you know the gallery is currently MIA and there is no direct equivalent included in the new software. There are however a couple of plugins and there is an inbuilt user albums feature which Mayhem has been trying out.

3rd party options are:

vbulletin 4 photo gallery Download » Full Software Downloads - Download For All

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Gallery with vBulletin Forum Integration

There will, in theory, be an official gallery included in version 4.1 of the site software (we're on 4.0.4).

Would any geek(s) / gallery fans out there like to look into these options and recommend one for ARRSE?

Should we just wait? Just use the existing albums feature? Buy an add-on?

I'm not expecting an overwhelming reponse but I though it was worth asking! :)
  2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

not volunteering ( lack the skills) but can I recommend that you PING Meridian on this point?

You probably don't get much time to monitor the NSFW Lady thread - but Meridian seems to spend his life trawling the web for suitable images - even if he doesn't have the necessary techy skills I can guarantee he has come across every kind of gallery software as a user - and will doubtless have opinions he is willing to share.

Keep up the good work that man :)

Lee Shaver
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

To look on it from another direction.
    Perhaps as Groups develop people will post pictures in the public ones in the gallery area.
    Plus each individual can have their own gallery.