Research project into gay soldiers in the British Army

In the 1970's poofters were not tolerated, or liked, different time, different mind-set.
I did hear an apocryphal tale of a well-respected General in 1970s BAOR who was rather close to his driver; when the security interviews roll around, the Int Corps decide that he can't really be compromised (because everyone knows / nobody cares), so why rock the boat...

...so, not universal.

I did hear an apocryphal tale of a well-respected General in 1970s BAOR who was rather close to his driver; when the security interviews roll around, the Int Corps decide that he can't really be compromised (because everyone knows / nobody cares), so why rock the boat...

...so, not universal.
The Int Corps haven't conducted vetting interviews for over 30 years - at least.

23 squadron, 2CS had a couple of gayers caught bumming in other in the back of truck in Kosovo, I think they were both kicked out in 1999
16 regt had a gay who was harassing a younger lad but for what ever reason the army chose to send him to the Falklands for 8 months (two tours) in 1999. In 2000 he was proudly claiming he was queer and here in a pioneer bar, he was duly kicked to ****.
I vaguely remember the Kosovo incident - Petrovać airfield, if I recall correctly.

I vaguely remember the Kosovo incident - Petrovać airfield, if I recall correctly.
I was back in Gutersloh at the time. I remember the bloke who caught them telling the story in the regi bar when they got back, I think he was a Cpl doing some sort of patrol/check of the area when he heard grunts from the back of a truck, he thought it was a bloke and a bird and was going to tell them to piss off somewhere else, as he shone the torch on them in all their glory he said he nearly threw up on the spot. (This was back in the days when it was acceptable to throw up if you saw gay sex, today throwing up means you are a hater and you should be in jail).

Last edited:
I can't name names, but it was S***a L***s who was allegedly caught masturbating while wearing his star trek uniform, that was fairly gay.

Back in the stone age, a full screw minced into the back of CP4 ( 22 Sigs) on Ex crusader 80, the OC took an instant dislike to him, when he produced a nail file and proceeded to file and preen his nails. I was asked to leave, and an almighty bollocking ensued. He was absent from all subsequent exercises.

In the 1970's poofters were not tolerated, or liked, different time, different mind-set.
Strange then how we had an OC B Sqn QDG in late 1970's who everyone knew was gay. He got beat up by two Full Screws for trying to cajole someone into having sex and later got booted after being caught with a Jnr Officer in another cavalry unit in Hohne.

windswept398

Old-Salt
Do you want to investigate just the proper gays or the 'got really drunk and had an argument with the Missus so my oppo will have to do' gays?

ancient

War Hero
I knew a gay lad in my Sqn. We all disliked him. Not because he was gay. Not because he banged on about it all the time in the same way that vegans and pilots do.
We didn’t like him because he was an idle bastard who wouldn’t pull his weight and, when justifiably bollocked for being an idle twat, pulled the gay card and the CoC didn’t know how to react and he generally got away with it

I distinctly remember that he got out of some coldwetex on the grounds that he wanted to go on the Manchester Pride parade.

I knew a gay lad in my Sqn. We all disliked him. Not because he was gay. Not because he banged on about it all the time in the same way that vegans and pilots do.
We didn’t like him because he was an idle bastard who wouldn’t pull his weight and, when justifiably bollocked for being an idle twat, pulled the gay card and the CoC didn’t know how to react and he generally got away with it

I distinctly remember that he got out of some coldwetex on the grounds that he wanted to go on the Manchester Pride parade.

Imagine how annoying a gay, vegan pilot is going to be.

just let that sink in for a moment or two.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H The Science Forum 76
L Old & Bold 23
L The Intelligence Cell 0

Latest Threads