Research into RAF

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Bravo2nothing, May 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps need to know if the RAF gazette their officers as we in the Army do. I am trying to research the background of an individual who refers to himself as a Group Captain.

Thanks in advanced.

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

As far as I'm aware everyone is gazzeted in the same way

3. They do indeed.

Gazette Linky

4. Can't find any mention of this fella in the Gazette. What is my next course of action, what would be the proper format of a letter asking him to disclose his Regimental number and date of commission?

5. If he claims to still be serving try the Air Force List

6. No longer serving....

7. B2N - you can try Part 2 of the AF List, which is 'Officers in Receipt of Retired Pay'. Comes out every couple of years and usually accompanies the AF List found in reference libraries.

What age is he? With a certain amount of googling, you can find most lists of half-yearly promotions going back nearly 20 years.

8. I might be stating he obvious, but in a previous life I often had to delve into a person's background and found Mr Google was very helpful.

9. You could drop me a PM and let me pass the info to a very reliable source and ask for an 'unofficial' background check BUT only if you think there is something dodgy about this guy or something he is up to that is not kosher.

10. PM sent!

11. I've been on Goggle for the past two days looking for him. No luck in the LG and only a spurious entry for him related to the RBL. Something isn't right. Will also look at the Airforce List.

Thanks..