Rescuing ex pats from Spain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** 'em.

Z

Zarathustra

Why would they need rescuing if the banks in Spain fail? They moved there of their own free will and should accept any consequences for that decision, it's not like Spain or Portugal are going to descend into civil war which would put the lives of ex-pats at risk.

Standard & Poor up to their tricks again!!! Diverting attention away from the parlous state of the US economy. Pot calling kettle...................

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
**** 'em. They chose to move away, so they can take the consequences.

Who will rescue those who didn't move away when the UK collapses?

This is CMD's plan to copy Blair. He's going to bring boatload (RN boatloads) of Conservative voters into the country.

Z

Zarathustra

Whats your attitude to the residents of the Falkland Islands?
So you think people should be rescued by the Navy because they can't get their sangria money out of the bank. Not quite the same as being invaded by a foreign power or living in a country that has descended in to civil war is it?

So you think people should be rescued by the Navy because they can't get their sangria money out of the bank.
No mate, use the quote button and show me where I said that?

Whats wrong with using British vessels to rescue British people. We send boats half way across the planet to save Joe Chogie and Wesley wog, why not our own?

It won't be coming out of your piggy bank.

Z

Zarathustra

No mate, use the quote button and show me where I said that?

Whats wrong with using British vessels to rescue British people. We send boats half way across the planet to save Joe Chogie and Wesley wog, why not our own?

There's nothing wrong with rescuing people, when they need to be rescued.

The banks failing, in my opinion, does not mean that people need to be rescued, they're not exactly going to be stranded in a hostile country on the other side of the world are they?

In what way are ex-pats "our own"? Haven't they decided to stop contributing to the UK? Using the Navy to assist a foreign nation in a crisis might generate some international goodwill, I doubt that pitching up to rescue a select few would do that.

I do not object to rescuing ex-pats BTW. I just do not count an ex-pat as British.

Standard & Poor up to their tricks again!!! Diverting attention away from the parlous state of the US economy. Pot calling kettle...................
I am not sure why you think this is diverting attention away from the US economy. Who cares about the US economy? I don't, I care about the UK's economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.