Rescuers give £300 parking bill

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pob02, Jan 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Maybe if they explained they thought they were rescuing a Fat Lesbian, Livingstone will waive the charge.

3. Why am i not surprised. We've all seen stories of Paramedic Ambulances, Hearses, Police cars, Fire Engines etc etc getting parking tickets whilst on a job, why not this lot too. And no, I don't think it's right, just typical!

4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

The whale's already dead, so sell it in small chunks as souvenirs to defray these costs. The Japs would love it.

And of course if in the future we notice the absence of one regular and very annoying Poster here on Arrse, perhaps the truth behind the 'whale' will be revealed... Obviously, it was someone who swam up from the South Coast, trying to find a sea route to Middle Wallop to mate with Flash :)

5. sloopy shoulders by the maritime mob over what to do with the body as well:

'It died on the barge so technically its nothing to do with us'

6. what a wasted opportunity for the Japanese tourists, someone could have charged a fortune for a days Harpooning!

7. The Norwegians give London a great big Christmas tree every year. Why don't we repay their generosity and ship them this whale carcass? It's right up their street.

8. I was going to mention that they could have a Whale of a time but that would be poor, even for me.

9. In the 9 / 11 disaster, Starbrucks coffee supplied, without being asked, the emergency services and survivors with coffee while they worked none stop....only to bill them later for the coffee drank!! I dont know what the outcome was, but i remember it caused an outrage.

10. They apologised and refunded the cash. But only after the press etal got onto the story.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/starbuck.htm

11. So what. No one asked them to save the Whale! Why should my taxes be used for that when I really couldn't give a toss about it! May be harsh, but so much money is being spent on this with no real outcome!!!

OS

12. Sushi anyone??????????????

13. Maybe the whale had been watching Big Brother and was so depressed it wanted to kill itself, all the do gooders just extended its agony.

14. Could someone sue the "rescuers" for prolonging the whales agony, or not letting nature take its course or something???

15. Unfortunately all the local police were too busy handing out parking fines to notice.