• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Rescued pigeon chicks

Alright cunts

Doing the gardening this afternoon I accidentally disturbed a pigeons nest and the two chicks dropped to the floor uninjured. Dad fucked off and the nest is buggered (I garden like I fuck- with sheers and blind aggression).

Having basically destroyed their home I've decided to try to reer them. They appear to be about 10 days old. I have made a nesting box for them and they have accepted 3 meals of readybrek and warm water and appear to be in relative comfort.

Anyone got any other tips on maintaining their development until they can be released?

Attachments

Dried cat food soaked in water, chicks need a massive amount of protein and ready brek isn't enough, don't give any water.

When large enough kill and eat.

Dried cat food soaked in water, chicks need a massive amount of protein and ready brek isn't enough, don't give any water.

When large enough kill and eat.
Cheers RQMS. I ground a dog kibble in the readybrek (readybrek recommended via the internet but my hunch on protein seems to be right). Cat food may have too much salt so i'll stick to the doggie stuff. Thanks or the advice. They seem content enough at the moment.

Alright cunts

Doing the gardening this afternoon I accidentally disturbed a pigeons nest and the two chicks dropped to the floor uninjured. Dad fucked off and the nest is buggered (I garden like I fuck- with sheers and blind aggression).

Having basically destroyed their home I've decided to try to reer them. They appear to be about 10 days old. I have made a nesting box for them and they have accepted 3 meals of readybrek and warm water and appear to be in relative comfort.

Anyone got any other tips on maintaining their development until they can be released?
OM, I've spoken with a mate of mine who's a pigeon fancier (no accounting for taste)
Chances of success are slim, but a closer mix to that which is regurgitated by the parent birds would be - get to a feed merchant and get a small bag of poultry/chicken corn (Its split/smashed already not whole). Soak a small handfull in water for a couple of hours. Drain the water out of it and make a porridge with milk. Keep it at room temperature (bin after 24hrs if they're still alive and make a fresh batch) and find some way of copying regurgitation like a syringe (icing sugar pump from kitchen?)
Good luck, when I said some had advocated getting rid now, ie being cruel to be kind - his response was not a bad call!?

OM, I've spoken with a mate of mine who's a pigeon fancier (no accounting for taste)
Chances of success are slim, but a closer mix to that which is regurgitated by the parent birds would be - get to a fed merchant and get a small bag of poultry/chicken corn (Its split/smashed already not whole). Soak a small handfull in water for a couple of hours. Drain the water out of it and make a porridge with milk. Keep it at room temperature (bin after 24hrs if they're still alive and make a fresh batch) and find some way of copying regurgitation like a syringe (icing sugar pump from kitchen?)
Good luck, when I said some had advocated getting rid now, ie being cruel to be kind - his response was not a bad call!?
Sounds like a good plan (the feed that is, not the smashing on the head). I place the feed in a plastic bag and cut the corner off to pipe it in. They jam their heads in to the bag and eat up like a good'un.

Cheers

Latest Threads