Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it impossible to join without A-Levels? I am currently doing my GCSEs and I would like to join ASAP. If you need A-Levels I guess I will just have to wait another couple of years.

Is it impossible to join without A-Levels? I am currently doing my GCSEs and I would like to join ASAP. If you need A-Levels I guess I will just have to wait another couple of years.
Personally i would advise doing A-levels or equivalent, whether you wanted to go in as an officer, or as a private. That education will stand you in good stead, before, during and more importantly, after your army career.

Also, you will have around 2 years extra preparation time for fitness etc. Which as an aspiring para, you will be better off having.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
What he said^^^^ I know it can be frustrating and you want to join up yesterday but you’re still young and have bags of time to get ready

Personally i would advise doing A-levels or equivalent, whether you wanted to go in as an officer, or as a private. That education will stand you in good stead, before, during and more importantly, after your army career.

Also, you will have around 2 years extra preparation time for fitness etc. Which as an aspiring para, you will be better off having.
Your advice is extremely helpful. I will do A-Levels then join after. I didn't think about the 2 years extra preparation. Thank you.

I read recently that 85% of people who start at Sandhurst have a university degree.

Still 15% without.
Indeed, but I'd guess that the numbers without at least A levels will be closer to 0.

I could of course be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads