Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

requirements for int corps?

kaasix

Crow
what is the likelihood of being accepted into the int corps if neither of my parents were born in Britain?
My father was born in Kenya but has lived here for most of his life, and my mother was born in Germany but has lived here for over 20 years. My father has a British citizenship however my mother only has settlers status. I was born in Britain and have been a British citizen all my life. When I spoke to the AFCO all they could tell me was that it was 50/50 and dependent on my recruiter. Is anyone able to tell me if its actually worth applying for an int corps role or not, due to these circumstances?

Dr Death

War Hero
I would say 50/50 but then I'm not an expert as AFCO who are on recruiting.

Cruthin1967

Old-Salt
what is the likelihood of being accepted into the int corps if neither of my parents were born in Britain?
My father was born in Kenya but has lived here for most of his life, and my mother was born in Germany but has lived here for over 20 years. My father has a British citizenship however my mother only has settlers status. I was born in Britain and have been a British citizen all my life. When I spoke to the AFCO all they could tell me was that it was 50/50 and dependent on my recruiter. Is anyone able to tell me if its actually worth applying for an int corps role or not, due to these circumstances?

Born in Britain. British citizen. One parent British - the other with settled status from a friendly country. Keen to join up.

God help us if that's a problem.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Both my parents were born abroad and neither was ever a British citizen but somehow I managed to get the necessary clearances - and keep them. Each case is taken on merit. Don't give up hope.

I wasn’t Int Corps, but I received the same clearances for my job. British dad, German mum.

An Australian I worked with, he was Int Corps. He did the usual thing Aussies do, travelling around the world, got to the UK, liked it and managed to join up as his grandparents who had emigrated to Oz were British.

Go for it young man, follow your dream I don’t think you will have a problem. However, like every good soldier you should have a “Plan B” option of a job tucked away.

Just had a thought. Apply to a reserve Int unit, see how that goes and then if it has all gone smoothly join the regulars. That would give you some time for college, uni, or work too.

I wasn't Int Corps but was attached to them for a few years in NI. My Int corps sergeant major liked me and encouraged me to transfer. I didn't want to be Green Slime, but I was born in Japan to a Japanese mum and my SSM didn't think to mention it as a problem.

On that basis I would assume you'd have no problems.

Lots of pretty girls were in the Int Corps and they all wanted to be like James Bond (not the girls; the blerks).

I wasn't Int Corps but was attached to them for a few years in NI. My Int corps sergeant major liked me and encouraged me to transfer. I didn't want to be Green Slime, but I was born in Japan to a Japanese mum and my SSM didn't think to mention it as a problem.

On that basis I would assume you'd have no problems.

Lots of pretty girls were in the Int Corps and they all wanted to be like James Bond (not the girls; the blerks).

Most of them that I worked with reminded me of the new, bespectacled bloke who plays Q in the Bond fillums. There were those who could pass as a Bond like character, but they were few and far between.

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
See here

United Kingdom Security Vetting: Contact Us

If there are any issues regarding your security clearance UKSV will contact you by letter via the AFCO or by the email listed on your application.

C-19 is delaying SC, but still have to complete & submit the application within 28 days of being sent the link via your recruitment portal. In the pre-covid era, SC was usually initiated before assessment centre/selection.

Under normal circumstances SC usually comes-in for a UK resident in less than 8 weeks unless the 'subject' has financial issues or a police record, which can entail a face to face interview. Obviously, if that's the case, I doubt interviews are currently viable.

Your Careers Adviser is your sponsor and will be able to find out for you.

Latest Threads