Required Qualifications

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by PERCY_LONG_PRONG, Jul 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if alternative qualifications are accepted for officer entry into the TA?

I have both my GCSE Maths & English along with an alternative course in science which is equivalent to 4 GCSE's.

I am also a time served carpenter & Joiner with an NVQ level 3

I have a HND in Construction

I am also currently in year 3 of a BSc Hons in Quantity Surveying

I know it asks for UCAS points however I have none yet I have qualifications of a higher level therefore wondered if alternatives are accepted

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

2. The minimum educational standard is 35 ALIS points from your 7 best GCSEs including a minimum of a C in English, Maths and either a Science or Language

AND

180 UCAS points including 2 x A2 qualifications with a minimum E grade.

Applicants who have a degree are considered to meet the requirement so long as they have the ALIS points required.

How far along in your degree are you? Have you joined the TA yet? From walking in the door to passing out of RMAS can easily take 2 years so although you may not meet the requirement immediately you will do so on completion of your degree. First step is to actually join and complete basic training, your local Bde officer training wing will then be able to assess at what point you can pursue a commission.