Request: Where can i park for Army v Navy?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FunkyNewBlood, Apr 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have arranged for me and a couple of friends to go to the Army v Navy at Twickers. As the bunch of retards that we are, none of us have been before and want to drive down in a MPV. Is parking a problem down there or will it be sorted out by the organisers? There is no chance of travelling by train as we live miles away and would cost an absolute fortune - even with our Railcards!

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. You can park for free around Twickenham Green about 10mins from the stadium if you go x country once you have parked (via Quins Ground the Stoop). If coming via M3 turn right at the first roundabout on the A316 on to hospital road then turn left at the lights by the shell garage on to stains road that leads up to Twickenham green if you are early enough you can park on medway (left at the first set of lights on stains road) which is even closer to the ground.
  3. Many thanks!
  4. OldSnowy

    OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

    But - the IMPORTANT point - is that this means someone will have to stay sober. This of course takes away 96% of the point of the day. The remaining 4% is covered by meeting old mates (3%) and watching the combined Fijian/Tongan National sides demolish the Dark Blues again (1%).

    Think again - at least on a train you can get a drink, even if it's overpriced cans of warm McEwans, with pictures of dodgy tarts on them.
  5. Luckily i'm covered on this one, the Missus is up the duff and doesnt want to drink. She is a PE teacher at secondary school and loves rugby so she can drive!